Your Most Hair-Raising Moments in Field Service

by The wanderer 38 Replies latest jw friends

• exwitless
    exwitless

I was with a sister on a home bible study with a home-bound lady who obviously had a lot of health problems. We were in the middle of the study when the lady's home health nurse came to administer her weekly BLOOD TRANSFUSION. The nurse lays the bag of blood out near where we were studying and starts getting her supplies ready. The lady very politely says "I know you all don't believe in blood transfusions, but I really need this." So that promptly ended our study for that day. The sister I was with was very gracious and made plans to come back the next week. I was not grossed out by the blood (I'm a nurse), but I remembered looking at the bag of blood thinking 'that's pure liquid Satan in there.'

• Soledad
    Soledad
    The time an idiot brother sent me (I was about 12 at the time) and another young sister (she was in her teens) into a rooming house full of men. We knocked on a few doors and then left because we were scared. He asked us if went to every door and we said yes.

I had this happen to me so many times. Either my mom or some idiot elder or MS wouldn't pay any mind to the fact that I was a young teenage girl and happily send me alone into potentially dangerous situations. It would make me so angry. I carried pepper spray in my service bag just in case.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Once I was at the door talking to someone and an 'Apostate' that was driving past stopped and came and confronted me on the doorstep. Very embarrasing.

Another time i was talking to a woman and her husband came running out and chased me off his property.

Another time I walked into a house with a 6 foot fence. When I was half way up the footpath two German Shepard dogs came running around the corner. My friend and I bolted and literally leaped over the fence. I landed my butt on the footpath on the other side in front of the other JWs working with us.

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

{Dogs. Huge, angry dogs.}

{Me too, even when I had one of my young children with me, the householder would call a dog on me and order me off the property, with the dog or dogs barking angrily and not letting me off a porch. Very scary. ........................................................make that three..i was terrorized by them..and flocks of those mean grey geese.i was a kid,and just about eye level w/some of them..it was always a close race when i was fleeing them...

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

One time I was driving my mother's car out in field service with a few of my buddies and we were doing rural territory - having a grand ol time, whooping it up, telling jokes, etc. Doing exactly what every other group of kids do to make service bearable. So anyway, I drove up this long windy road on top of a hill and a couple of us got out and knocked on the door. No one home - so we get back in, and start to drive down the hill again. As I'm driving, I look back up the hill at the back side of the house where I can see a man in a robe leaning over the deck railing with a rifle in his hands. I make a comment about it and it just gets us all excited and we start laughing as we're driving away. A few seconds later we hear a !crack! and a cloud of dust rises off a rock on the side of the road as we were passing it, where aparently a bullet ricoched. So I step on it, and there we go, bumbing down this dirt road in my mom's old Buick. My friends are shouting in the back, and only a few minutes later do I realize they are shouting at me to slow down because they were more afraid of my driving than they were of the guy with the gun.

Good times, good times.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Dogs, Dogs, Dogs

Rub a Dub

• mama1119
    mama1119

Dogs, nude men and women, in-breds, and skinheads. I live in North Idaho.

• Thegoodgirl
    Thegoodgirl

Scariest thing was when this older (like in his 80's) man was able to very logically argue against creation and for evolution. Everything the elder I was with brought up, the old man was able to refute. I was stunned. That was one of the sparks that got me doubting. I should go back and thank the guy!

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I forgot to mention the mailbox I hit of a householder.

then when I did I said SHIT.......and there was a young girl in the cargroup

bad day

purps

• becca1
    becca1

I agree Parakeet.However, that was along time ago. I think they are a little more conscious or their surroundings now a days.I hope so anyway...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit