Anyone know a good hangover cure?

by fullofdoubtnow 46 Replies latest jw friends

• Alpheta
    Alpheta

"Puking" - what a revolting term! I much prefer to call it "throwing up". LOL! Well, it's all and the same, if one gets that drunk (and I admit that yes, I have, on at least a few occasions in the past, got that soused - and I'm not ruling it out in the future, either, depends upon what comes up that makes one want to get the palloochied) then throwing up is the best thing to do to get the toxins out of one's system. Rather like a case of mild food poisoning. Super Ick! But if he didn't drink to that point (think of it as going past the "red zone" on the boiler), or if he didn't wish to stick a finger down his throat, then he has to flush the alcohol residue out of his body by eating protein and drinking lots of electrolyte-enfused liquid (or a bit of the hair of the dog) and if he can't do that then he's been suffering much longer than he should. Hmmm, maybe you should erase this entire thread so he can't see it when he's feeling better tomorrow...

• Warlock
    Warlock

Yes. it's called time. Lots of time.

Warlock

• anewme
    anewme

Just let him enjoy his hangover....so he remembers it!

Thats how people learn! We all have to learn our limits.

Best wishes to you both. I want you guys to succeed!

Anewme

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Time and Water. If you have a hangover your dehydrated.

#2 take a bite of the snake that bit you.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    One suggestion would be to follow the counsel in the bible about drunkeness.

(Jeremiah 25:27-29) 27 "And you must say to them, ‘This is what Jehovah of armies, the God of Israel, has said: "Drink and get drunk and puke and fall so that YOU cannot get up because of the sword that I am sending among YOU."’ 28 And it must occur that in case they refuse to take the cup out of your hand to drink, you must also say to them, ‘This is what Jehovah of armies has said: "YOU will drink without fail. 29 For, look! it is upon the city upon which my name is called that I am starting off in bringing calamity, and should YOU yourselves in any way go free of punishment?". . .

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

It's a "bloody mary oyster shooter" for the record.

The night before make sure to down a lot of water and keep a large jug by the bed and down as much as you can any time you wake up. Take a multivitamin and 500-1000mg of vitamin C (1 to 2 tablets typically). It's best to take the vitamins before bed, unless you think you're just going to heave it back up again. For headaches in the morning I recocommend ibuprofen but don't take it on an empty stomach. Morning food try orange juice, toast, crackers, fruit or cereal. Drink more water in the morning and a good bm will cure just about anything. Don't skip eating in the morning no matter how shitty you feel <_< it'll just make it worse later.

• free2beme
    free2beme

Best cure I ever ran across, don't drink in the first place. ;)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit