Anyone know a good hangover cure?

by fullofdoubtnow 46 Replies latest jw friends

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Not for me, I might add.

My boyfriend, who isn't a big drinker, went out with his best mate and a few other friends last night on a birthday celebration. They went to see some Led Zeppelin tribute band, and around a few pubs as well. He staggerred in at around 1:30am, just after I'd gone to bed, very much the worse for drink, and had to make frequent visits to the loo all night. He's only just got up, and is sufferring still. He says his head feels like it's exploding.

I haven't shown much sympathy, though I did offer to cook him a fried breakfast, which for some reason he refused lol. Worse still, he's smoking again, having given it up 3 months ago. Hopefully, that'll be a one - off, but as I smoke I suppose the temptation's here all the time. I'm not mad at him really, I'm just pretending to be, and I just took him some paracetamols and a glass of water. We were going out today, but it looks like that's not going to happen now. He can't remember much about last night, and he's feeling pretty rough, so any ideas anyone?

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Stay drunk is usually a good one!?

DB74

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

like DB said give him a beer. Ironic but it works.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I haven't got any beer here, but I do have some shiraz, would that work?

• Clam
    Clam

A large bloody mary works wonders for me. That's

Tomato Juice, Vodka, Lemon Juice, Lea and Perrins and ice.

If he's been blowing chunks all night he should take on loads of water and vitamin C.

DO NOT give him a prawn milkshake or runny fried egg sandwich.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow
    DO NOT give him a prawn milkshake or runny fried egg sandwich

I did offer him a fried breakfst, including eggs, but he didn't seem to appreciate the offer lol.

• chiddy
    chiddy

A good fry up , including some carbs, a cup of sugary tea, plenty of water and a couple of paracetamol for the head.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

read him something from the latest wt

that'd sober anyone up

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Well, he's had some paracetamols, and plenty of water, and he's lying down now. He doesn't look as bad as earlier, though he still feels very rough. I don't think he'll be movin much or eating much today, but he'll recover. Thanks for all your suggestions. I asked him if he wanted some wine, or a couple of cans of beer, which I'd have been perfectly willing to fetch for him, but he didn't want either.

• chiddy
    chiddy

Thats well funny Tikjmo, LMAO!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit