How old did you expect to be when the New System would come?

by JH 39 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

I became a JW at age 28 and no way did I expect to ever get older than 40 years old in this system.

Maybe at the extreme, I could have imagined being 45 years old, not more.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Twenty- One.

By 1976 it was supposed to be over. Then I thought maybe before the 80's get here [25 or so].

Then the 90's looked promising with the '1914' crowd getting up there. [35 - 40] No dice.

Now 51. Guess who was 'dubbed' and hard?

Jeff

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

I expected the end to come in the faul of this year so about 33 1/2

• Genesis
    Genesis

I thought it would be there while I was still a teenager. Next thing I know Im a 20 years old apostate lol!

• restrangled
    restrangled

I was suppose to be 16.......So, no worries about school, what I wanted to pursue in life, etc. I was suppose to be dead by 16....I knew back then I wanted out and that God had no use for me...great way to feel about life at that age.

I am now 47.

r.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

I was terrified as a small child waiting for the school bus, because I was so afraid that armageddon would start while I was away from my Mommy there waiting for the bus or at school... with all the fire from the sky and people screaming and writhing... although I was promised I would be okay because Jehovah LOVES his little baby Witnesses... I was terrified and wanted my Mommy by my side (apparently Jehovah wasn't enough.) I also worried myself to death about my Gramma who was not a Witness being destroyed, rather difficult to wrap a fresh little mind around that one.

What a cool thing for a small child to be obsessed with. People who weren't raised this way can't imagine and don't know what the hell we're talking about. Is it any wonder we have issues... hey, thanks for the forum, kids.

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13......that's when I got tired of waiting.

~luv, jojo

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs
    I also worried myself to death about my Gramma who was not a Witness being destroyed, rather difficult to wrap a fresh little mind around that one.

(((((babayaga))))

I had that same issue with my father. My mother always told me, ''Spend as much time with him as you can JoBeth, b/c he won't be here when Jehovah comes.'' And all this when I'm f*cking 6 years old.

Nice....

~luv, jojo

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I was always told, and believed, that the new system was just around the corner. I certainly never expected to get to 40 in this system at all.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The WBTS has never predicted when the New System would come..No wonder your all so messed up..See what happens when you step ahead of God and his organization?..You have lost Jehovahs blessing,you have lost your Tard..Everyone of you has lost the Tard you were given at the Kingdom Hall..Is`nt it time you all went back to Gods organization?..Isn`t it time you went back to the Kingdom Hall so you can get Re-Tarded...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit