How old did you expect to be when the New System would come?

by JH 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Mulan
    Mulan

30..............before the 1975 expectations, I never expected any of my children to go to school, in this system. Now, all but 2 of my 9 grandchildren are in school, 1 granddaughter is in college. 2 are infants.

And...............I am 61! Boy, was I fooled!

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I did not have an age..........but I truthfully thought I would never die.

I still don't want to die.

I did not picture in my mind like the society.......a difinitive start and stop of the new system. I guess I thought things would change....but there would also be an evolvement.

purps

• Muffinman
    Muffinman

I was raised a JW, and through my childhood I never expected it to be more than a few years away.

• Mary
    Mary

I wasn't supposed to make it out of grade school without seeing ten thousand bodies fall at my right hand.

• choosing life
    choosing life

I came in as a teenager. I was told that my new baby would never enter kindergarden. I really believed it. That child is now 30 and I have grandchildren. I recently heard one of my children saying the same thing-they would never grow old in this system. As I look at getting older and eventual retirement, I can't help wondering what all I would have done differently. I was very affected when they changed the generation teaching. I mean, I really believed I would never have to deal with old age and death. Now I can't believe I put so much trust in men. And I just want to shake my kid and tell them that they will, most certainly grow old and die, so wrap their mind around it now and plan for the real future.

• sosad
    sosad

i phoned my mom the day my eldest started Kindergarten and told her "it's hard to believe he's starting school"...i didn't add that this was surprising since I was never supposed to start school "in this system of things". She knew exactly what I ment and tried to spin it into how much closer etc but I stopped the train cold. My eldest is nine and I'm 40.

Shortly after I left I caught wind about the generational thing changing and I told my husband that if they ever pulled that, most of the jws that I knew would leave- including my mom.

Her and I spoke about it once and she told me that it showed just how far from j I was if i could not understand the new light....it just got more sureal from there

she's also told me that no one was ever told not to go to school, the generation was not taught as absolute, we didn't move where the need was great in ' 75 becasue the Org counselled it, she never stayed with her emotionally abusive husband because the elders told her she as the wife needed to be submissive and try more....many, how much time you got? they are all nuts... if there was a styrophome glass of koolaid, and they told her/all of them to drink it, i know where i put my money

• AnonyMouse
    AnonyMouse

Grandma said I'd be the little kid leading the lion, lambs, and whatever other animals they were.

It totally worked out.

At least it didn't come in 1975. Else I wouldn't exist.

It's a good thing it didn't come in 2002, or else I wouldn't have any nephews.

It's also good that it won't come anytime soon, so I can have a family of my own.

And since it won't ever happen, my family will spread so insanely far across the globe, that I'll literally have millions of people with my genetic code in them....happy times.

• bonnzo
    bonnzo

i used to cry 'cause i never thought i'd drive a car, let alone marry. i'm 45, driving for 30 years and married for 12 years and fully expect to die an old man in this system of things that may never end.

• aarque
    aarque

Several years ago I was sitting in mom's kitchen and she mentioned my upcoming birthday and made a comment about my being middle-aged. I looked at her and said "I was never supposed to be this old". She just sighed and said, "I know what you mean". I was 22 in 1975.... I thought I'd be living my adult live in perfection. Instead, I've had two bouts of cancer since 2005... my dad and I were battling cancer at the same time and he didn't make it. I've been having a real difficult time coming to grips with his passing...

• avengers
    avengers
    you have lost your Tard

And once you have lost your tard, you have to go back to get re-tarded.

ps. that one isn't mine.

My oldest daughter was born in '75. Now she's 31. I thought it was only gonna be months, not years? mmm????

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit