POLL: Do You Believe In The Bible or God At All???

by minimus 65 Replies latest jw friends

• dobbie
    dobbie

To be honest i just don't know. I think that something must have created this beautiful planet and everything on it, but lately i feel that whatever it was, God or some force, he or it has died at some point or faded away and is no longer there. I know this must sound a bit nuts but the terrible things that happen now and down the ages, i cannot believe he can still be there watching it all going on and if he is i couldn't think he could be worth worshipping.So although it may be a possibility he exists and the bible is real, i find it easier to think not.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

I positively do not believe in the Bible.

In GOd???..... I believe in some form of God, but cannot back it up with any proof....

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956
    Wow...I guess since Jehovah didn't turn out to be real.....and the way the JW's taught us to follow the Bible was so off, so many just gave up on the whole concept.

This is so not true. Because we don't believe in that book and/or that god, doesn't mean we just "gave up on it."

Some here are atheists, because they have researched it and come to the conclusion that that is their truth. They have valid reasons for that opinion, and lack of faith is not one of them.

Others, such as myself, take a different form of spirituality. I don't believe in the patriarchal male god, that angry bearded man in the old testament. I believe Jesus resided on earth and he had some good things to say, as did Buddha and many other wise men. As for my higher power, I prefer to think of her as Mother.

So in my own meandering way I hope I answered Minimus' question and rebutted the statement above.

Blessings,

Sherry

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I choose to believe in God. Or Allah, or Jehovah, or a Power greater than ourselves.

The name doesn't matter. After that, well I've got an open mind. I'm not terribly interested in middle men, i.e. religions with arbitrary rules that fit their agenda. I'm much more interested in finding God himself, although I strongly suspect he has no interest in me.

I've thought a lot about this question of late, and I'm coming around to thinking my future is very dark indeed. Either God is like a corporate CEO, and doesn't know or really care about piss ant nothings like me, or the decision's already been made and he's moved on.

I hope whatever happens to me in the afterlife doesn't hurt.

• V
    V

I'm a dogmatic agnostic. So I defintely say:

"I don't know" about god (that makes me a Buddhist) and...

"No" on the Bible. (Good read but nothing more special than any other "holy book")

• minimus
    minimus

One thing I know is that I'm sick of all religions!

• Asheron
    Asheron

Nope and Nope

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb
    As for my higher power, I prefer to think of her as Mother.

agree

blessed be,

shelley

• Little Bo Peep
    Little Bo Peep

Absolutely YES! My faith was destroyed only in the Watchtower. I won't let them take anything else away from me.

Little Bo Peep

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

The Bible is a man made book. The gods of the Bible are man made gods. So, no I don't Believe in God or The Bible.
    Dave

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit