POLL: Do You Believe In The Bible or God At All???

by minimus 65 Replies latest jw friends

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

god=me
    bible=an adult fiction novel, prolly too scary in places for kids

• Sirona
    Sirona

God and Goddess - Yes

Bible - I think it has some value but should not be taken literally in any sense.

Sirona

• freetosee
  • bubble
    bubble

Not sure. Some days I do and some days I don't.

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

Wow...I guess since Jehovah didn't turn out to be real.....and the way the JW's taught us to follow the Bible was so off, so many just gave up on the whole concept. I didn't want to believe or think about it for a long time, but then I researched and realized that I do believe in both. The part of the Bible that I think matters most is what Jesus taught. It is not about rules and punishment, but about Personal relationships and Love....much more refreshing!

• BritBoy
    BritBoy

Absolute, resounding NO to both!

I wear my Athiesm with PRIDE!

I am a huge fan of Richard Dawkins and am currently reading his new book, The God Delusion. FINALLY it all makes sense...

Brit

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep
    I am a huge fan of Richard Dawkins and am currently reading his new book, The God Delusion.

Me, too. Let's have a review in a month.

I only have time to read on the weekends!

• monkeyshine
    monkeyshine

Negatory to both. I believe in you and me.

• ICBehindtheCurtain
    ICBehindtheCurtain

No - to the Bible

No - to the Bible God

Yes - to a Creator

IC

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Who is it that believes or does not believe?

Images are formed within the cloudy liquid of thought that capture so much attention that they are labeled: "God".

It's all a mirage. Smoke and mirrors: Thoughts thought to be God. Thoughts on a page (the Bible) thought to be from thoughts thought to be God. It's a closed loop of idea that never makes it outside of itself to reality.

When all thought is still and quiescent, what is here then? What is real? Who/what are we, really?

j

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit