See Ya Next Year!

by HadEnuf 24 Replies latest jw friends

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

(Emotional music swelling in background) Good-by hostas, roses, coneflowers and daisies. Farewell astilbe, vinca, hops, black-eyed susans. Adieu to sweet potato vines, ferns, day lilies and cat mint. Until we meet again water lettuce, frogs, pond scum and petunias. Can anyone say SNOW and 20 degrees in mid-October??? Dang.

mumsy mourning the loss of the garden for this year. Shed a tear for me please.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Yep

That band that hit you guys went just north of us this morning. We didn't see any flakes [yet]. But the temps dropped to high 20's last nite. Ice on the puddles etc. Gotta go pull up the remains of my garden delights today.

Winter is a comin' I fear. Brrrrrrr

Jeff

• Thegoodgirl
    Thegoodgirl

Yep I just spent the moring taking in the pots of geraniums, and saying farewell to the planted petunias and flowering vines and snapdragons. Then I took a walk in the big flakes of snow and gusty winds. Crank up the heat, and am putting away all the tank tops and sandals--"until next year".

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Update:

Just a few minutes after I posted my reply above. The snow is falling, wind is gusting big time, and I see that we are under a "Winter Storm Advisory".

Damn - too early in the year for this poop.

Jeff

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

We sometimes get your weather a week or so after you get it here in the UK. I hope we don't get this little lot, I don't mind a white christmas, but a white October? No thanks.

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

LOL mumzy, I was going to post that yesterday, when I looked outside and saw the snow coming down! I HATE WINTER!

• daystar
    daystar

I know!! We are only at a high of 68 degrees F here in Texas!

• greendawn
    greendawn

That's the way seasons are every year the summer ends and every year the summer begins, but those very far south can keep their gardens much longer. At least there are indoor plants to keep us busy.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

and we are still wearing t-shirts in scotland

what is the world coming to

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

While I was on my bus route this morning the sunrise was beautiful all pink and purple and blowing snow . The little kids were all bundled up in hats and mittens ,can't believe two weeks ago we were in shorts and 90 degrees out ! It's time to find a winter home for my pond goldfish . The pond freezes over by Jan., but he is getting to big for the 10gal aquarium I have for him in the house :(

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit