See Ya Next Year!

by HadEnuf 24 Replies latest jw friends

• bronzefist
    bronzefist

Usually keep my plants on the fire escape where the sun shines brightly in the afternoon and they relax in the nice fresh air. Had to bring them in a couple of days ago....dang I must be getting old because I was bundled up this morning on my way to work. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. and it's not anywhere near 0 yet.

brzfst

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

In honor of hope and a memory of sunshine, today I purchased a huge bag of double daffodil bulbs(64) from Costco. Daffs are my absolute favorites! They come up just when I need them the most!!

shelly

• juni
    juni

Mumsy said:

(Emotional music swelling in background) Good-by hostas, roses, coneflowers and daisies. Farewell astilbe, vinca, hops, black-eyed susans. Adieu to sweet potato vines, ferns, day lilies and cat mint. Until we meet again water lettuce, frogs, pond scum and petunias. Can anyone say SNOW and 20 degrees in mid-October??? Dang.

mumsy mourning the loss of the garden for this year. Shed a tear for me please.

I share your pain. Too cold for this time of year! My mums are still alright and are in full bloom. Left the echinacea for the birdies. Only autumn glow sedum left.

Think we'll have an Indian Summer this year?? I hope so as we have to finish some painting on the house. And I want to divide some switch grass. I'm not ready yet for winter!

Juni

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

awww. I can't imagine.

Although, I am looking forward to wearing a coat. And boots! How fun!

• bubble
    bubble

You lot need to come to London, it's 70 degrees today!!!!

Bring on the Indian summer, it's gonna be this warm for the next few days.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit