See Ya Next Year!

by HadEnuf 24 Replies latest jw friends

• ZazuWitts
    ZazuWitts

No snow here in SW Ohio - but it sure is cold for this time of year! Nice and sunny tho - I'll be heading down to Florida next month - to spend the winter in the sunshine? With my needing to wear a leg brace, it's just too difficult for me to walk in snow/ice. Good bye tomatoes, annual flowers and lovely potted plants. Take heart HadEnuf, at our ages, the time passes quickly and spring will be here again before we know it. ((((Had Enuf))))

• delilah
    delilah

I'm not ready for winter yet, either, but there was a band of SNOW flurries that came through here about 45 minutes ago, and it's damned cold....I turned the furnace on for the first time this season...UGH!! Not looking forward to the first gas bill.....

IAN.....t-shirts still? That's SO not fair......* pours myself a wee glass of scotch*.....

• hambeak
    hambeak

It finally cooled off some here in Texas YAY about 70 this afternoon in Dallas

• Seeking Knowledge
    Seeking Knowledge

Yikes...up here in Anchorage its in the 50's and no snow in the forecast! Of course that could change tomorrow....so I'll enjoy today for as long as I can!!

• blondie
    blondie

I know the feeling, Hadenuf. We picked the last green tomatoes to bring in to ripen (put them in a paper bag).

A few of our flowers have survived (we're further south).

But I'm already planning for next year.

I've been eating apples fresh from the orchard. And drinking cider and munching on fresh cheese curd. Anyone for apple crisp?

Blondie

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    Anyone for apple crisp?

Blondie

Dish me one up! A little ice ice cream on it please. Apple crisp ala mode!! Yum!

Jeff

• luna2
    luna2

Apple crisp...Mmmmm...with ice cream.

We're supposed to drop into the 40's tomorrow. Fine with me. I like the 40's. Don't want snow, tho.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

But it's too early for winter! Noooooooooooooo!!!!!!

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

Thanks to all those who commiserated (is that a word?) with me about the death of my garden. To all those making me jealous of their warm weather...may you be forced to read the Revelation book every year for the rest of your lives. HAHAHAHA!! Now that would be the ultimate mind torture!

hug to all...mumsy

• luna2
    luna2

Sorry, HadEnuf, I am very, very sorry you got snow and all your flowers and things died. Very sorry. very.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit