Disfellowshipping

by vanillamocha 23 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• vanillamocha
    vanillamocha

I was recently in court for the domestic violence charges against my former (and still in excellent standing) spouse. He is using all JWs to say how he is such a wonderful person, etc - all total and complete lies as some of them are actual eyewitnesses to my abuse. Anyway... In his sworn statement, he says that JWs do not disfellowship, do not shun, and that I am not disfellowshipped, but that all my "friends" won't talk to me because it is their choice. Oh, and this legal drivel was prepared by his WT appointed attorney. So, does this mean that I can now march into my old KH and talk to everyone cheerfully? LOL Even better, he used a former CO to swear that I had never complained of abuse, when the afore-mentioned CO was the lovely gentleman who sat on my couch and told my husband to stop beating me. Has anyone ever heard of JWs lying so blatantly in court? Is this a new thing? Don't they realize that they are making themselves bloodguilty for anything that happens to me or my son?

• serendipity
    serendipity
    In his sworn statement, he says that JWs do not disfellowship, do not shun, and that I am not disfellowshipped,

Welcome vanillamocha,

I'm sorry you are having to deal with this. Since his statement is a lie, it seems he could be charged with contempt of court.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

I'm sorry u r going thru this. Yes, they can, and do, lie for each other. Whatever it takes to protect their crappy name. U r among friends now. Let us know what we can do for you. Post whatever, and whenever u need too!

Welcome to the forum!

shelley

P.S. I have been almost where u r now.

• TheKings
    TheKings

it could be easily be disproven using their literature on the subject. if you can disprove one lie the rest may well fall like dominoes. concentrate on one at a time.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

That is terrible.

There is an extensive list of what a person can be d/f for at http://jwfacts.com/index_files/disfellowship.htm with references to the Watchtower articles and some quotes on how family should treat d/f members, and can be d/f for not shunning family.

I think that if you put together some of this information for the court it should be able to serious undermine his credibility and increase your chances. There is also some Watchtower quotes that show it is fine to lie in such situations, if you can get hold of that then the judge or jury will certainly not look favourably on him.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I would go to the official Watchtower sites regarding disfellowshipping. Print out the pertinent materials, take them to the judge and ask that hubby and any others who testified in such a manner be charged with perjury.

Better yet - obtain a court trascript of the case, contact the local paper and make sure the world knows how they lied in court.

Dirty rotten bastards.

Jeff

• penny2
    penny2

Welcome vanillamocha. I hope the judge sees through the lies.

penny2

• penny2
    penny2
    this legal drivel was prepared by his WT appointed attorney

Unbelievable that a WT appointed attorney would be defending a violent person. Haven't they got better things to do?

• rebel8
    rebel8

Here are some links about jws lying in court: http://jwinfo.8m.com/jwinfo.htm#lying

You can certainly impeach his testimony about shunning by proving it from their own literature. That will hopefully call into question the rest of his testimony.

• greendawn
    greendawn

They certainly do shun people that are ex JWs or criticise their leaders, and he has said so many lies in court. Welcome to the forum.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit