Disfellowshipping

by vanillamocha 23 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

Would a scan from the elder book on disfellowshipping help? There are several places online that have it. http://www.reexamine.org/images/payattention.pdf

Start with page 87, Unit 5. It outlines the procedures and offenses for which judicial committees are to take action. Pay special attention to page 100 as it defends the DF process.

Unbelievable that someone would try to defend such a person.

Welcome to the board! You'll find much help and support here.

• AlanF
    AlanF

JWs are notorious for lying in court. What they're doing to you, they do all the time. They rely on the ignorance of opposing attorneys and judges to let them get away with it.

You should try to present to the court clear statements from their own literature about disfellowshipping. If you can manage to discredit the Watchtower attorney and your husband's witnesses with this material, you'll have accomplished a great deal.

Much of the reason the Society will appoint its own attorneys to cover cases where disfellowshipping and shunning are issues is that they don't want to lose a case and have a precedent set. That's why they claim that the shunning is done on an individual basis. Were this institutional policy of shunning to be used to win a case against them, it would open up a flood of new lawsuits.

AlanF

• dobbie
    dobbie

Hi Vanillamocha i'm so sorry for all your'e going through and your son too, its shocking that these supposedly upright people would act this way when its you who needs and deserves the support, i hope it all works out for you.

Jwfacts - as someone who is too scared to send in my d'a letter but terrified i will be df'd eventually that link you put on here was a real eye opener, i always took it for granted that the scriptures did say shunning was in the Bible (because thats what they told me i suppose) but the dissecting of the scriptures i just read is a big help and makes me realise how totally wrong they are and what a lot of c*** it all is. All about control at the end of the day, and a big enjoyment of messing up peoples lives so that they can feel big.

• Mum
    Mum

I second LovesDubs' recommendation.

When you said your husband was in excellent standing, I thought you meant with you and your marriage; but now I think you meant with the JW congregation and organization I hope he's not in good standing with you.

If you live in the west, I can come to court and support you. I used to work (for a short time) in the field of victim advocacy for victims of domestic violence. Let me and all of us know if you need help.

Welcome to the board!

Regards,

Mum

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit