Did u want to leave the org bcause u were doing something immoral?

by Will2Power 69 Replies latest jw friends

• Will2Power
    Will2Power

..and then sought to justify your leaving the organisation/religion by researching websites like this (to salve your conscience, justify continuing in your pleasurable but unscriptural lifestyle), OR did you sincerely leave purely because you discovered certain false teachings, scandals, etc, while still living a moral, Christian lifestyle? Be honest now, I mean REALLY honest. (This is not meant to offend anyone but viewed like a survey).

• Arthur
    Arthur

I wanted to leave the organization; because the organization was doing something immoral.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

No. I left because they were (and are) doing things that are immoral and unethical. As a side note: morality is not just behavior.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• lv4fer
    lv4fer

No, not at all. I wanted to leave because I realized it wasn't the truth.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Absolutely not. I left because I knew that people were being wrongfully shunned, and I knew without doubt that Jehovah was NOT amused, and of course that meant that they did NOT have the spirit of Jehovah on their side, no matter HOW sincere they are.

The irony, of course, is that by realizing just how wrong and un-Christ-like shunning is, I was fully aware that I was bringing that same fate upon myself voluntarily. Loving org, that one.

I will say that is one of the interesting points in my conversations with my beloved inactive but stubbornly pro-JW family member. I tell him that I left because they were wrong, and he left so he could go be bad for a while. I think that is why he clings to them even though I can't foresee him ever living the life again... he needs to forgive himself before he can see fault with the WTBTS. It seems that in heaping ashes upon one's head, enough ash gets into one's eyes to blind... shall we say.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

I left because I could not, in good conscience before God, sit in the Kingdom Hall anymore. To do so would mean that I agreed with what was being said from the platform and condoned the un-loving behavior that I witnessed there.

I got up, said a short and silent prayer to Jehovah, and walked out. I thought I would go back after a few years when the congregation/organization got itself back on track. For a very short while I was someone's sproadic return visit. One day she brought the Circuit Overseer's wife. I woman I had never met before. That woman sat in my living room and fairly swiftly insulted me.

I not-so-swiftly invited them to leave. They have not been back to visit me since then.

And now I have moved. They won't find me anytime soon.

-AudeSapere (meaning: Dare to Know; Dare to Think for Yourself.)

• sandy
    sandy

For me I slowly stopped going to the kingdom hall b/c I was too busy having fun with friends and living my young adult life. I always thought I'll get it right and go back once I get all this thirst for fun out of my system. Then when I seriously started to think about my future in regards to religion and going back to the KH I found this lovely website. I came on here only seeking support from people in the same situation as me. I had intentions of going back to the KH. But very quickly those few doubts I had surpressed came to the surface. And I am now an official ex-jdub. I now have peace of mind which I never had as a faithful dub.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Just doing a survey?..Liar..Most likley your a troll..I left because of the immorality in the WBT$..Truth sucks when your not looking for it,eh troll?...OUTLAW

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

No, I left because the org. conflicted with the Bible. I stayed out for all kinds of additional reasons, but that was the orig. kicker.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

No ! I could no longer stand the feeling of utter unhappiness and lack of joy. The past few years the lack of genuine love and true friendship had taken it's toll . One sunday at the hall I looked over at my husband ( who was looking so depressed ) and I said ," Come on , do you want to go home ?" He said yes . We got up and left, and haven't gone back .That was nine months ago. After 27 yrs. at this same hall no one has come to lovingly shepard us back .So that basically tells me I made the right decision . Does that mean we now have gone off into immoral behavior ? NO . We still chose to live moral lives because that is who we are , not what we are .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit