I sent him a letter, here is his reply!

by Matt_fs 26 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Matt_fs
    Matt_fs

Hey folks,

For those of you who dont know, I sent my JW friend a letter " http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/121182/1.ashx " After about 3 weeks, I got his reply in my inbox. I was pretty excited to read it, but only was I disappointed with some of the things he said, and Ill explain that after you read it, so here it is:

"Sorry it took so long to get back , I have been very busy lately.

But to answer the question about friendship, do you suppose your friendship should mean more to me than my friendship with God? And can we stop with the whole line about "I'm just asking questions" first of all their not even your questions, I find it hard to belive you were one day reading a yearbook of ours and had a question about it. All the questions about 1975 and so forth was stuff you got off the Internet.

And if you were truly asking me questions to learn you would not have been asking me question in order to trap me.(and don't say "what do you mean by trap?" please it insults me when you play stupid) Plus with the whole "if I show you in the bible will you BELIVE," is not an attitude of a person trying to learn, It is of a person trying to teach.And what are you trying to teach Matt? You said yourself you don't have anything as of yet.

It is the same with Satan and apostates, all they offer is doubt. Satan started that with Eve, Gen 3:1 ..............."Is it really so that God said YOU must not eat from every tree of the garden? " using questions to add doubt. Jesus made this statement at Matt 11:18-19 "18 Correspondingly, John came neither eating nor drinking, yet people say, 'He has a demon'; 19 the Son of man did come eating and drinking, still people say, 'Look! A man gluttonous and given to drinking wine, a friend of tax collectors and sinners.' All the same, wisdom is proved righteous by its works." There is no pleasing those type of people Matt. Satan even quotes scripture when he was tempting Jesus, Matt 4: 6 and said to him: "If you are a son of God, hurl yourself down; for it is written, 'He will give his angels a charge concerning you, and they will carry you on their hands, that you may at no time strike your foot against a stone.' Job was a blameless man yet Satan accused him of serving God not out of love but for selfish reasons. Job 2:1-4

If Satan and his followers can find fault with Jehovah, Jesus and faithful men of old, do you not think he and those with him can find fault with his imperfect followers today? Yes we are to test whether we are in the faith, by may ways, but not by unhealthful reasoning.
    Romans 16:17 Now I exhort YOU, brothers, to keep your eye on those who cause divisions and occasions for stumbling contrary to the teaching that YOU have learned, and avoid them. 18 For men of that sort are slaves, not of our Lord Christ, but of their own bellies; and by smooth talk and complimentary speech they seduce the hearts of guileless ones.

James 1:5-8 So, if any one of YOU is lacking in wisdom, let him keep on asking God, for he gives generously to all and without reproaching; and it will be given him. 6 But let him keep on asking in faith, not doubting at all, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven by the wind and blown about. 7 In fact, let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from Jehovah; 8 he is an indecisive man, unsteady in all his ways.

The reason I have been avoiding you is because I don't know what to say to you anymore, I was very sad and I still am, to realize that you are never really going to change your way of living to one that God approves. People read the bible all the time but don't live there life according to it, they just make excuses so they can keep doing what they want. But the facts are in the bible:

1 Cor 6:9 What! Do YOU not know that unrighteous persons will not inherit God's kingdom? Do not be misled. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men kept for unnatural purposes, nor men who lie with men, 10 nor thieves, nor greedy persons, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit God's kingdom.

If you truly are looking for the right path Matt I'll tell you what to do, stop reading crap off the internet sit down and ernestly pray for God to direct your heart and mind, open up you bible and read (thats how he can talk to us by directing us to certan scriptures to answer questions). The thing is are you really ready to accept what changes you will have to make in your life when he answers you? Or do you just want to win an agument, prove a point or something else? Because if your not sincer or not willing to make changes what good will your prayer be?"

Ok, so first of all, I guess he totally forgot what he had told me before about trying to research the history of a religion to see if its the truth, and thats all I did. I read watchtower literature about the dates they have set for armageddon, but I guess I got it off of the internet so its not true. As for him saying I was trying to teach him, thats not correct because I am not a teacher by any means, but I did have a question about Jesus in the bible, and he didnt believe it was there, so I asked him, "if its there, will you believe the bible" not ME. I thought you might all enjoy his letter back to me, and I will be writing him another one, so if you would all like to comment, that would be great because you all give me lots more info to put in. Thanks all!

Matt

• RR
    RR

Sounds like a typical JW response to me!

RR

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

To be honest Matt, I'm not even slightly surprised by his response. One thing you could tell him is that you got some of your information from the Quotes site, which is watchtower publications anyway. I don't know if you have been on quotes, but here's a link

http://www.quotes-watchtower.co.uk/disfellowshiping.html

If you tell him you have been looking at old wt publications, how can he call that apostate material?

good luck!

Linda

• skyking
    skyking

Everything applies to someone else but never to them. Yes if you did research that was in support of the JW's they would praise you for your research but if you happened to find something negative then you are deceived by Satan. THIS is cult thinking. Remember you are stupid in his eyes not able to read and think properly, that is until you are taught how to think by them.

Nothing can get a BORG member if he is truely in. NOthing.

• skyking
    skyking

He is a question I like to use on JW's. Is a truth told by Satan not the truth? Is a lie told by GOD still not a lie. I give them a little time to think about the question. Then I ask them to answer the Question. It does not matter whom I got it from just answer the question.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Jesus found fault with the Pharisees. They were claiming to be God's sole channel but they were teaching commands of men as doctrine (requirements from God).

Why shouldn't we follow Jesus' example and find fault with religious leaders who do the same thing today?

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Matt, I don't think you and I have met, but that response I just read made me ill. It is so typical. It sure does stir up some old feelings of discust. I am so darn sorry. Who knows something may wake him up today. Maybe if he got mad enough over your questions he might get curious about the answers if it sits and bugs him long enough.

We never know.

Decki

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Matt,

This is something that puzzles me. Though your friend is not open minded about your questions, I wonder why so many ask questions that they either have the answer too already, or are not really interested in the answer to. Instead, it is the asking of the question that is the motive. I know he gave you the usual defense, but to some degree isn't it true that you will not be persuaded otherwise?

Now, don't misunderstand me. I don't disagree with your conclusions, nor do I defend his response as healthy. I see this so many times and did it myself when a witnoid. They ask questions all the time of people in the territory knowing full well the answer they are seeking and will accept no other. They have been trained to sound genuinely interested and act sincere, but its all part of the process of getting their point across. I think anyone who is convinced does that.

I don't mean to make you upset or discredit your communication with this fellow. I hope you can talk face to face with him. This writing of facts only reads according to the inflection he gives it, which may not be the way you mean it at all.

Good Luck. (There, I said it, "Good Luck")

W.Once0

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Sounds like a die-hard dubber to me. He must have given his "Reasoning" book a good workout. Probably had a long chat with the elders. A company man, I'm guessing.

Don't give up, though. He's not shunning you. You probably got him thinking. Everything he told you could likewise be a mirror for himself.

ESTEE

• jstalin
    jstalin

I would just back off and simply be his friend. If he's willing to still associate with you, it's important to be a good example of what apostates are not.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit