I sent him a letter, here is his reply!

by Matt_fs 26 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Honesty
    Honesty

Don't take it too hard. He sounds exactly like the double-dipped, Theodore-coated dubs I know in East Tennessee.

• Will2Power
    Will2Power

Why is he talking about your lifestyle and quoting scriptures like 1 Cor 6:9? Are you being a naughty boy Matt? If so, he will only think that your 'questioning' is in reality motivated by desire to try to justify an immoral lifestyle. Don't take this personally chum, but It would actually be interesting to survey how many persons honestly leave the organisation purely out of epiphanies about beliefs, cognitive dissonance etc, and how many leave because of getting into an immoral lifestyle and then seek to salve their conscience by researching all the errors of the JW's, the bible, etc. Probably about 50/50 I'd say.

• tan
    tan
    The problem is that the questions never sound like they are our own, but repeats from some other source.

So do the answers. Sounded like he quoted from a JW publication.

• Ade
    Ade

Hi,
    i found this particular part of the letter amusing;"But to answer the question about friendship, do you suppose your friendship should mean more to me than my friendship with God? And can we stop with the whole line about "I'm just asking questions" first of all their not even your questions, I find it hard to belive you were one day reading a yearbook of ours and had a question about it. All the questions about 1975 and so forth was stuff you got off the Internet.

There are no original questions, only unaswerable ones that cause argumentations between men. Didnt Jesus our exemplar tell us to "question" whether it is the truth or not ?? so therefore if we cannot question how can we obtain a true view of "truth"

i would send him a final mail, asking him to explain the beginnings of the bible students to witnesses and
    see if he can explain why CT Russell got his information from angels and Rutherford got some information from the dead CT Russell, when Jesus stated he was with us until the end of the age. So CT Russell should never have needed the "truth" passed to him , as it was already there from Jesus time onward.

God bless you my friend
    BTW i have no doubt about my faith or that i can disprove theirs in many areas, if your friend is so sure he can have my email address and i will discuss his "truth" with him .

Ade

• codeblue
    codeblue

Sorry for the response you got.(those kind of responses make me sick as well)..he is drilled with the JW thinking...his rose colored glasses are on firmly!!!

Rest assured, one day when those glasses crack....he will think of you and may need your help!

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Matt,

It IS the typical JW responce!! Attack the messanger and not the message! Who cares if the information you have came from the man in the moon eating purple cheese! If what he gave you was factual, why does it matter where you got it? The fact is real truth can withstand ANY examination!! As Witnesses, you should be able to make the same kind of examination of your faith as you invite others to do with their faith. But as crazy as it is, when you start digging into what you always believed to be truth, you quickly realise that things don't add up. Who can you go to for answers?? And why are you given a "apostate" label for asking such questions? And WHY oh WHY is it that every single time you have a point, they want to skirt around it by saying crap like this...Hang in there Matt! Truth does withstand examination. Its just that what we think is truth isn't always truth!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

Remember, you never know, what you have brought to his attention will may eat away at him, until he finally decides he needs answers to the same questions as well!

• Little Bo Peep
    Little Bo Peep

It seems it doesn't really matter that you have honest questions, what matters is that you are questioning the authority of the faithful slave. The Bible says to test out Jehovah and see that he is good, but we better not test out the Watchtower, they are beyond that. The eyes and ears shut tightly to any reasoning. It's really something when you've taken the "blinders" off and stand back to look at how closed minded JW's really are. Even at the door, as long as the householder listens, things are good, but let the householder know a little of the Bible, and a JW will feel threatened, that maybe they are not teaching, but someone is trying to teach them. They are so very quick to say we were weak, instead of thinking there really might be some real serious issues. Our friends and family seem to think we were willing to just toss away 50+ years with just a whim!

Hang in there. You never know what will happen in the future for your friend to have reason to begin his own search, remembering the things you said.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit