Latest films you saw?

by greendawn 47 Replies latest jw friends

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

Most recent Netflix return: The Mothman Prophecies

I would highly recomend that you do not waste your time if you havent seen it.

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

gently f eral

• gwyneth
    gwyneth

Last movie in a theater--"Crank"--I know some people here didn't like it, but I didn't think it was that bad.

Last movie on DVD--"Thumbsucker." I liked it very much. Two "thumbs" up.

• Cherish
    Cherish

K-PAX

I love this film. Must of seen it a hundred times! The book of the film is good too

• Twitch
    Twitch

"What the Bleep Do We Know?" An interesting pseudo documentary on quantum mechanics/metaphysics/philosophy for the layman (such as myself :-). The explanation of the physical world at an atomic level was easy to understand and the film did "gravitate" towards the Grand Unified Theory of things. The theories of "being" in a metaphysical sense was intriguing and took from a few viewpoints, most of which were subtle dissections of the drawbacks of organized religion in favour of a more self aware/actualized choice driven system of belief. Some of the historical accounts that supported some of the theory was rather flimsy and had no factual basis for being in the film. The parallel plot of Marlee Matlin's life and journey of self awareness was relevant to the ideas presented and did so with some amount of humour. An interesting film to make you think.

• dmouse
    dmouse

Hey, I liked 'The Mothman Prophecies' - scared me!

Last night I watched 'Jarhead' for the first time - not a good film if you're a US gungho redneck, but I thought it was very thought provoking.

Tonight I watched 'My Big Fat Greek Wedding' which always makes me laugh and cry. 'Must see' movie in a similer vein - 'Love Actually' Guess I'm just a big softie!

I recommend 'Crash' also...

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

"employee of the month" starring Matt Dillon, it came out in 2004 I would recommend viewing that movie.

• bronzefist
    bronzefist

I watched Silent Hill last night and really liked it. The Decent was one of the scariest movies I've ever seen.

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    On Thursday we saw "Little Miss Sunshine". It is certificate 15. There is a lot of use of the "F" word. The subject is family life, and how people can pull together in adversity, however fragmented and damaged they appear to be. I found it very thoughtprovoking, as well as very funny.

I second this movie recommendation. This was the best movie I have seen all year.

Good Girl or Bad Girl

P.S. One I do not recommend is Melinda and Melinda. Very weird indie Woody Allen movie that I rented, and although Will Farrell did a great Woody Allen character, the movie itself was just bizarre.

• uwishufish
    uwishufish

Boondock Saints DVD a great cult flick one that you can watch over and over again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit