Latest films you saw?

by greendawn 47 Replies latest jw friends

• greendawn
    greendawn

What's the latest film that you watched on DVD or cinema and would you recommend it or was it bad boring film? I haven't watched any films for months now but I will when I restart my satellite TV subscription next month.

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

My daughter watched Silent Hill last night said it was a good scary one. I thought Red Eye was good. Also Flight Plan, great movie!

• JH
    JH

ET about 24 years ago

• greendawn
    greendawn

JH is it that bad? You don't watch any TV or go to the cinema? There are so many great classic films around good for education and culture.

• JH
    JH

I'm the type that can't stay put 5 minutes, so it's really hard for me to sit down 2 hours either at a Kindom Hall or a movie theatre.

As for TV, I like watching the news.....lol

• poppers
    poppers

Downfall - a German film about the last 10 days of the 3rd Reich. Even with the subtitles it is a powerful viewing experience.

• TopHat
    TopHat

On DVD last night..."Reckoning" I didn't have clue what the movie was about....Murder and one man's rule over a little village. NOT for anyone under 21 or the squemish

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

I organise a screening at our local cinema for parents/grandparents/carers with babies. Sometimes mums to be come too.

On Thursday we saw "Little Miss Sunshine". It is certificate 15. There is a lot of use of the "F" word. The subject is family life, and how people can pull together in adversity, however fragmented and damaged they appear to be. I found it very thoughtprovoking, as well as very funny.

In the past months we have watched The Break Up, The Lake House, Take The Lead, In Her Shoes, Rumour Has It and Failure To Launch.

Greendawn - Cinemablend used to post here. He has a really good film review site - www.cinemablend.com. You'll find loads of cinema and DVD reviews there. It is a good site.

• Ingenuous
    Ingenuous

"Thunder Heart" with Val Kilmer and Graham Greene. Predictable plotline, but very well executed.

• bebu
    bebu

Akeelah and the Bee. The acting by the lead was incredibly good, and the writing was excellent.

bebu

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit