Disfellowshipping for Gluttony?

by Smoky 41 Replies latest social family

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

The problem with this reason is that you are using too much reason. That is independant thinking. ..Remember that the governing body makes decisions based on their Bible trained conscience. Since they are part of Jehovah's channel to his earthly subjects, we do well to listen without qustion. Shame on you for trying to reason on anything! Things will be revealed in due time. ok sarcasm off ... But seriously -- do you still honestly think that anything about them makes sense? Renee

• Smoky
    Smoky

I question a lot of things nad come to the conclusion that 'the truth' is flawed.

But, I try not tlet them know what i am thinking or what i have learmed about the WT, not yet anyway...there is still along way for me to go before i can drop a bomb like that...Heck my Mother will have a heart attack.

• Effervescent
    Effervescent

I think the waistlines of quite a few Elders is a main reason this subject isn't touched.... not to mention Elder's wives.

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

For some reason I find the need to go get more oreos after reading this thread..

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The Kingdom Halls would nearly be empty if you DisfellowShipped every fat ass in there..... Gluttony refers to people who eat and force themselve to puke,like in ancient Roman times..Not people who are fat or large people...OUTLAW

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I have never heard of any cases of d/f for gluttony, though people have been refused privileges for it (ie not being allowed to be an MS)

I feel this is one of the double standards, where the WTS ignores what is inconvenient and enforces the areas it wants to have control. Gluttony is being more of an issue in the Western world and it would create a huge issue if the WTS chose to come down hard on people that misuse food.

• chiddy
    chiddy

i ONCE ATE 4 BIG MACS

• JH
    JH
    Is that possible?..have there been any cases like this?

If I was an elder I wouldn't disfellowship anyone for that reason.

We all have a belly to fill, big or small.

And if someone is large, this doesn't mean that they eat more than they should.

• ballistic
    ballistic

hmm, I guess, you could actually have one act of gluttony and get away with it. Unlike one act of immorality. I mean, with sex, you've either had it or you haven't. With gluttony maybe you were forced to eat a meal to be polite even though you had dinner earlier, or something like that. Or maybe you had seconds when you didn't really need it accidently. You can't really say "I didn't scream" or anything like that I guess?

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Why are gluttons always portrayed as so nasty?

alt

Eat Hearty!

W.Once

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit