Disfellowshipping for Gluttony?

by Smoky 41 Replies latest social family

• colorado5591
    colorado5591

my father was removed from serving as a Ministerial Servant for being obese.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo
    i ONCE ATE 4 BIG MACS

I was going to say 'lightweight, Chiddy'' - I once ate 9, yes NINE, Cadbury's Creme Eggs.

So - surely, by THEIR rules, ONE OR two cigarettes is acceptable.

• JH
    JH
    my father was removed from serving as a Ministerial Servant for being obese.

They can't do that. Obese and Glutton isn't synonym

• watson
    watson

I'll never forget the "Vomitorium" on Saturday Night Live. Another classic is the dining room seen in Monty Python's "Meaning of Life."

• watson
    watson

Scene...

• goodgifts
    goodgifts

Yes, a person can be disfellowshipped for gluttony.

However, as in my congregation, there are many large sisters who have never been spoken to about their eating problems. I don't think anyone would dare, especially as most of them are married to appointed men.

Interesting how a recent watchtower article accused "heavy petting courting couples" as being gready!

The next time I eat my wifes face in a moment of passion, I think I may have to pull away in case I get fat on her loveliness. Ooh la la.

For the reccord, there isn't really such a thing as a disfellowshipping act - if you are a persistant rebel - technically you can be disposed of. So if it's too much cake or you are swinging with the elders - beware.

Goodgits

Sorry... Goodgifts.

• La Capra
    La Capra

No matter how on point the remark was, I don't think one would see past the insult of being called fat to understand she's being a hypocrite. Of the hell hath no fury like a woman called fat class (even if she is as big as a VW bus). Shoshana

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetings smoky,

Why aren't they disfellowshipping for that?......

They wouldn't have any unpaid volunteers left in our hall if they did that. We had a host of cows & sows here. They need someone to fill those chairs, even if they need two.

Dismembered

• M.J.
    M.J.

This guy would probably get the axe:

alt

• Kudra
    Kudra

ALL dubs are gluttons for PUNISHMENT...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit