MOve on!???

by Core88 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Core88
    Core88

Ok so I am a ex-witness,(disfellowshiped) I have posted here before...but I must say why have'nt we moved on? Come on I mean if we all really thought that the JW sect was just that then why are we not trying to forget it and let life go on as it has; and try to be true to ourselves and our neighbor and read Jesus words as recorded in the Bible? I have been reading my Bible on lunch breaks at my work, as well as reading in the Dhammapada. I find that the words of the Budha are quiet wise. Can't we just seek God and/or "truth" and let go of the watchtower? After all the more thinking about "it" (the watchtower) and talk about it the more we make it the very thing that it wants to be. A powerfull influence in our lives! If you in your heart of hearts truly feel that there is no truth in the Jehovah's Witness organization, then by all means...MOVE ON! P.S. However if that is not so then find out more about it and follow it, if you want. Core88

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Core

I have moved on, but this damn forum is addictive!!!

Pope

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Just because a person posts here does not mean they have not moved on. I have moved on in many areas of my life, including religiously. Most are here because they are in the process of moving on, or wish to make amends by helping others move on. A person can never truly move on whilst they are shunned by family, and that is usually the greatest driving factor in the lives of many posting here.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Core,

Welcome to the forum! I appreciate where you are coming from. Yet, this site does many things. Many here, myself included, will always be tied to this religon to a degree, as long as we have loved ones still in the Watchtowers clutches. We cannot give up on them. Staying informed as to what they are being taught keeps us not only abreast as to what is going on currently, but helps us to be better equipped to help them.

Some are here for another reason: they are here because it is a way to "witness" to others about the truth. Not the truth the Society teaches, but the truth about the truth. Thousands lurk here each and everyday. I was one of those who lurked for about a year before I was brave enough to introduce myself here. Thank goodnesss, I had the support of those here, as well as the access to the "proofs" that helped me make my decision to leave.

Healing take much time. Everyone is in a different place. Being here with others who have been through simular experiences with the same religion is quite comforting. Especially since no one else truely understands where we have been and how coming to some sort of "normal" in our lives can be challenging not to mention down right scarey at times.

Some come here for a while, until they feel strong enough, and have the desire like yourself to move on. Some cannot move, on but are stuck going through the motions so they don't lose everything that is dear to them.. namely their families. Until they can move on, they need us to be here to support them.

So.. with all that being said, I admire your freeness to be able to so easily move on. But for now, this is where I will remain, as it is my desire to help as many as I can, and give as much love and support possible, like was given to me, by others here.

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• Funchback
    Funchback

I echo the Pope's comment.

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

move on! stop saying those things! lol.

• fokyc
    fokyc

How can I move on when my wife is firmly stuck in to the Dubs? I have tried to oppose it, I have tried to join it and I have tried to fight it, all to no avail!

This site has helped me so much, I will only leave the site when my wife is out or I am GONE!

fokyc

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

I moved on... Ima beer swilling, smokin, meditating, fornicating agnostic who has a special prayer for jehovah that involves a middle finger and a few choice words. Or maybe I dont know what you mean by "move on!"

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

Many of us have moved on, we come here to help others with their journey, and keep in touch with the friends we've made.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

telling people to "move on" is like telling a victim of war to move on; or someone who has been in a traffic accident and had broken both legs to "move on"; or a victim of child abuse to "move on"; or anyone who has been through a traumatic experience to "move on"

No matter how hard you try to "move on", the traumatic experience is a part of you that eventually you have to deal with.

Leaving the WTS and JWs is a traumatic experience especially for those tho have lost family, friends, community and religion.

Some may get off easy, especially if they have no family in and a good support system on the outside. But anyone who was raised in or has a spouse and children in, or best friends will feel the impact a lot harder than some one who had no family connections.

Many younger ones who leave want to get out in the world and "move on" with their lives. But like many of us, eventually they will need to stop, and deal with the huge impact of having all your decisions made for you, and being told what to believe, how to dress, what to think, etc.

Eventually most of us will discover that although we have gotten out of the WTS, it is a lot harder to get the WTS out of us.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit