Jw from Illinois

by Jeepthing 43 Replies latest jw friends

• restrangled
    restrangled

Originally from the Chicago area, not familiar with your local, but a big welcome.

r.

• mimimimi
    mimimimi

I am from Alton, Illinois, and have lurked here for the past year. When I saw someone from Granite had posted, I had to respond. I am not attending meetings currently and doubt I ever will again. If I do, it will be only to be able to keep in contact with my family.

• Jeepthing
    Jeepthing

Fianlly!!!! I know several jws from Alton. Several jws there are from Granite City. I saw few of them not too long ago at kingdom hall here for memorial service for our oldest sister who passed away last August. Do you know who I am talking about. She was very active from here from start of this kh. Thdy call this kh a mother of kh for around this area because this one was very first one for this area and started other khs around this area. They are very proud of this kh because of that.

• Jeepthing
    Jeepthing

Fianlly!!!! I know several jws from Alton. Several jws there are from Granite City. I saw few of them not too long ago at kingdom hall here for memorial service for our oldest sister who passed away last August. Do you know who I am talking about. She was very active from here from start of this kh. Thdy call this kh a mother of kh for around this area because this one was very first one for this area and started other khs around this area. They are very proud of this kh because of that.

• Jeepthing
    Jeepthing

My husband went there for talks few times and I only went there once. We like to go up to Grafton and eat there. It is one of our favorit thing to do as family. I like Alton. Go there all the time. Do you still live there?

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

I'm not in Illinois, but I live in Columbia, MO. I'm not too far from st. louis.

shelley

• mimimimi
    mimimimi

Yes, I do still live in Alton. My husband and I go up to Grafton a lot, too. We have a Gold Wing and love to ride it up the river road. Actually, we go all over with it. We love to take the Brussels ferry and drive all over Calhoun County.

I am not sure who the sister is that you are referring to that died. If you said her name, I would probably recognize it. I hesitate to say too much here at this time because I don't really want to identify myself. I have some things still up in the air. However, my first paragraph would identify me to a lot of people, so I don't know why I should worry about it.

I really did not realize Granite City KH was that old. I grew up in Wood River Cong., was out of the "truth" for eight years (disfellowshipped), and when I came back close to 24 years ago I lived in Alton, so that is what congregation I have been at for some time. I won't say which Alton Cong., but what I have already said would identify me if the wrong person were looking at this. Actually, at the time I was born my mother was just coming into the "truth" and went to Alton Congregation, but my parents moved when I was four years old into the Wood River Congregation's territory, so that is where I grew up.

Well, for someone who does not want to identify themself, I have sure given a lot of identifying information here, but oh well. Actually, having everything out in the open might be a relief.

• mimimimi
    mimimimi

Actually, maybe you cannot give that sister's name on this board ????????

• mimimimi
    mimimimi

I've been to Columbia, MO, more than once. Finger Lakes State Park is close to there and there is a great dirtbike racetrack out there. My husband and two youngest sons used to race dirtbikes. With growing up, college, and jobs, the boys don't have a lot of time for it any more and my husband decided he is too old, but they are still active with their dirtbike racing club.

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

I have friends who are originally from Granite City. They are not nor have they ever been JWs, but you may know them ... their last name is Mahlo.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit