Jw from Illinois

by Jeepthing 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Jeepthing
    Jeepthing

Her name was Florence Clanton. She was 98 or 99 when she passed away. She was jw for almost her life. Oldest one in this area. We knew her very well. She used baked chocolate chip cookies for my husband. Well for anyone finding about us, we are not so worry about that because we know where we stand and fortunely we don't have any immediate family member who are witness. And when we decide to leave we did it as family and we let few of close friends aware of what we were doing. They got their feeling hurt but we know we had to do it or else going against our consciouse would suffer. We are happy with the decisions but still it is hard for us when it comes to social life. Trying to adjust life outside of jw was not easy at first but we are coping and still trying to fit in somewhere. Just used to being around being in groups and always doing things with someone and suddenly none wasn't easy. We did a lot of things with them, camping, float trips and organizing for some kind of gathering etc... Well, we probably seen you somewhere in Grafton. We like to go up to Kinders for catfish frutter. Also like to camping at campground in Pere Marquette. Our favorit thing in fall. Very pretty and colorful in the fall. We are going to try to go there this fall again.

By the way, do you think someone in the site here spy for jw? That would be a very interesting to find out. I've been lurking in site for last 3 years and thanks to this site, I was able to learn a lot more than anywhere else. I visit here often and always looking for someone from my area or looking for new informations to countact jws still coming around us. Not trying to boast but sometime it is good to know what is going on with jw so I don't feel like I am in tatal dark. I like this site and it is very helpful. I have teens and little one. Do you have any?

• Jeepthing
    Jeepthing

Wow, my daughter just a dual bike. My husband used to go down there for dirt biking too.

I also know some from Columbia, Mo. Family from here moved down there about 6 or 7 years ago. The couple got divorced and I think both got df. They have two sons. And we have two moved here from there(brother and sister). Their parents moved to somewhere in upper states but divorced for some reason. Divorce is not a rare for jws as they claim to.

• mimimimi
    mimimimi

Good for your daughter! I think any kind of motorcycle riding is great and a lot of fun. We used to have a 3 wheeler and I rode that, but I haven't ridden anything in some years now, other than riding with my husband on the Gold WIng.

• juni
    juni

Happy you met mimimimi!

Juni

• mimimimi
    mimimimi

I don't know if anyone is spying on this site for the JW's or not, but I have been trying to fade and keep things quiet, but I said too much to my sister and my mother. My mother talked to my PO at the convention and told him she was concerned about me, that I did not want to hear about "the end", and that she was afraid I had doubts. He told her he would have my book study conductor talk to me. But then I had to discuss things further with my sister and send her an e-mail in which I told her I did not believe the WTS was Jehovah's spirit directed organization. She showed it to my mother, who totally flipped out and ran straight to the elders. Well, I had already been missing most meetings and at that time probably had not been to the KH in a month, since the first part of August or late July. About a week ago, my book study conductor called on Wednesday evening, about an hour before our book study (which of course I was not going to), and left a message on the answering machine saying that he just wanted to check and see how I was doing, wondered if I was okay, and he guessed I wasn't there and that he would try another time. I have not heard back. I did not call him back. There is a part of me that would be willing to go to meetings and do as they say at 12-step meetings, "take what you need and leave the rest", just to keep in touch with my extended family (mother, sister, brother, sister-in-law, nephews, and nieces). But at the time I quit going, I was just filled with disgust at the continous harping on "we are Jehovah's spirit-directed organization", "no independent thinking", stay off the internet, and stay away from apostates, and could not bring myself to go anymore. So I feel like I am in limbo here, waiting for the axe to fall. I know I cannot talk to the elders and tell them honestly that I still feel that the JW's are the only true religion, that the WTS/GB are spirit-directed and "Jehovah's ark", or any of that nonsense. I cannot lie about it just to keep up appearances. Since my husband is not a witness and has always been opposed, possibly I will be left alone. Unless, of course, my mother and sister keep at the elders at the cong. I was going to and stir things up. That would be just like my mother. Domineering, controlling. Always has been. "You WILL be a J-dub, by God. I said so." So I have a little fear that someone will lurk on here for information and spy me out and that will be all she wrote. Anyway, I have felt sometimes it would be a relief to get it all over with. Of course, my husband and sons are tickled pink that I have finally realized the truth.

• mimimimi
    mimimimi

Wow, I have to get used to how to do this. I did a long post in response to the thing on Florence Clanton and I guess I forgot to click on Submit Post because I do not see it. I will try again tomorrow. Have to fix supper for my hubby now.

Happy to meet you, Juni, and all of you. Having lurked here for so long, I feel I know many of you and I am looking forward to your association.

• mimimimi
    mimimimi

Oh, gosh, Juni. You were saying you were glad jeepthing met me and I took it wrong. But I am happy to meet all of you.

• bookhead
    bookhead

Well I was involved with the Wood River hall for nearly 30 years - only recently seperating from the Watchtower organization. My wife went to Granite City before we married. Small world? Perhaps we've crossed paths before? I drop by here and read every so often to keep up with the latest news and gossip - never felt the desire to post a message; but I thought I would say "hello".

• mimimimi
    mimimimi

Wow, if you were at Wood River for 30 years, I am sure I must know you. I lost a post I was trying to put on earlier, so now I will go back and re-write.

Regarding Florence Clanton, I did not know her, but I remember the name Clanton. I think there was a Brother Clanton who used to give talks at the circuit assemblies. My mother was brought into the "truth" by Ida Frickenstein from the Alton Cong. She and Anne Schneider were studying with my mother when I was born. (They were responsible for a lot of the initial growth of the Alton cong.) When I was 4, we moved to the Wood River Congregation territory and that is the cong. I grew up in. I left the "truth" for eight years in my early 20's, but went back about 24 years ago. I have lived in Alton for 27 years so that is the cong. I have been a member of. Now there are 2 congs. in Alton.

My husband is Catholic. I tried to raise my sons in the "truth" when they were little, but my husband said they did not have to go to the hall if they did not want to, so after they got so old they never went anymore. I used to be unhappy about that, but now I am glad.

I was at Wood River Cong from 4 years old until I got disfellowshipped at the age of 23. I met my husband in the years away. If you were there for 30 years, I most likely do know you and I am sure you must know my mother, my sister, and her three sons.

• bookhead
    bookhead

Ok mimimi, I do know of you (I don't know that we have met) and our world is about to get so much smaller. First off I love your mom, sister, and her three sons. Was so happy to see the youngest son get baptised over the summer and thrilled with the oldest's recent marraige. I also enjoyed your mother immensely because she was the kind of person that was really interested in spiritual things and that you didn't feel dumb talking to her about topics that were kind of "out-there". I consider her a friend. Anyhow I made an error in sharing with her by e-mail some information regarding the Society's involvement with the NGO. I did so out of concern but really it was stupid thing to do. To say that she took it badly was an understatement and she took the information the elders. I felt really, really bad that I had upset her. Anyhow this e-mail later was the primary evidence that was used to disfellowship me last spring. By the way, I still like your family and don't hold this against your mother. I'm sure she was only doing what she felt God would want. If you want to talk more open my e-mail is [email protected]

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit