Jw from Illinois

by Jeepthing 43 Replies latest jw friends

• mimimimi
    mimimimi

Cool! I know who you are, bookhead. I will e-mail you.

• Jeepthing
    Jeepthing

Wow, this is just great. After all I am not alone. I know some from Woodriver. My kids used hanging around with kids from there. It is a small world after all.

I am sorry mimimi about your mom. So far no one hear wants to turn us in even though they have enough evidences to do something about us.

• mimimimi
    mimimimi

Jeepthing,

I hope no one there ever does turn you in. I was pretty upset and nervous for a while after my mother did this, but like I told my husband it would be a relief to get it over with. I was in Central Congregation most recently and I think some the elders there are pretty reasonable people, and I have even wondered sometimes if some of them have some doubts as well. I have experienced bad elders at Wood River and Alton Metro, though, and i read many things on the internet about other people's experiences with the elders and I know there are many hardcore, unreasonable, unintelligent, and ignorant elders out there and there have been many people victimized by them. I don't worry about it much anymore, but when the book study conductor called the other day, it had me all upset again. Also, there is a pioneer sister from Metro who cleans house for me and I really like her a lot, and when she is here on Thursdays, it gets me to thinking a lot about going back again and just keeping my mouth shut, but then when I think about things like the WTS' policy on child sexual abuse, as well as a number of other issues, I just cannot stand the thought of it. Also, when I think about the ignorant things I have heard some in the congregation say, it just disgusts me so much. One of the elders wives made a comment during the Service Meeting one week about "when the end comes, I wonder if some people will see that the JW's are not being killed and start saying, 'I'm one of Jehovah's witnesses'". That just infuriated me. And that moron has a son who is not a witness, as well as a granddaughter, and of course daughter in law. But, oh yeah, that's okay, they are going to be killed because they are not a J-dub. What a moron!

So I hope you can maintain your status quo and not be bothered by them.

mimimimi

• mimimimi
    mimimimi

Bookhead,

The letter you mailed out to everyone at WR cong after you were disfellowshipped was read by my mother and she said it was a very loving, encouraging letter. Just thought you would like to know that.

mimimimi

• Jeepthing
    Jeepthing

Mimimi, is your bkconductor's last name start with "C" and is he from Granite City? My husband talked him not too long ago and he sure didn't turn my husband in? The whole family moved to Alton. They got mad at PO here and whole family moved. But they are very strong jw.

• mimimimi
    mimimimi

His initials are JB and he grew up in Granite City and has been a JW all his life. He and his wife celebrated their 25th wedding anniversary earlier this year (or was it last year) and they have no children. The one you are talking about - how long ago did they move to the Alton cong? I am trying to think who it could be. They might be in Metro instead of Central.

• mimimimi
    mimimimi

jeepthing,

You can e-mail me at [email protected]. I would like to know who you are talking about. There are a couple of elders in my cong. that I have wondered if they agree with everything and suspect not because of a couple of things I have heard one of them say and one of their wives say, but they do not fit who you are talking about.

mimi

• Jeepthing
    Jeepthing

They moved 10 or little more than 10 years. They have 3 sons and 1 daughter. One son is an elder in Belleville.

• esw1966
    esw1966

I have a sister who is a jw in Bloomington/Normal.

She would DIE being here. Wish you could help HER!

• mimimimi
    mimimimi

Gee, wish we could help your sister from Bloomington/Normal.

Ten years ago and last name starts with C. I will have to think about that. I bet they are at Metro, not Central. I used to know everyone over there, but not any more. Three sons and one daughter. Hmmm...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit