Jw from Illinois

by Jeepthing 43 Replies latest jw friends

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Oh you guys got me all excited saying your from Illinos ! I am too . Only a bit farther North and west than any of you . We probably went to the same District Conventions at Prairie Capital Center in Springfield . We didn't go this year , I think it was in Bloomington ?

• Alana
    Alana

esw1966: I know a couple of people in Bloomington/Normal....one is my former niece (from my 1st JW marriage). I would love for her to also be out, but I don't see that ever happening. Were you orginally from IL? I'm in East Central IL.

• mimimimi
    mimimimi

We did used to go to Springfield for the convention. I always loved it because my youngest son, though he rarely made a meeting any more, would go with me and we would have a great weekend together. We'd always go in the evenings to Knight's Action Park or White Oaks Mall. But several years ago, our circuit started going to convention in St. Charles, MO. It's not nearly as nice as the Prairie Capitol Convention Center. The seats are more narrow and the parking's a nightmare. I have heard a lot of complaints about the place. But I hear the place in Springfield will no longer rent to JW's because of issues with the food vendors.

• Little Bo Peep
    Little Bo Peep

I've lived near Rockton, Illinois and Beloit, Wisconsin.

Little Bo Peep

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit