Seven Trumpets of Revelation

by Zico 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Zico
    Zico

I read on here that the Society teaches that the Seven trumpets of Revelation are representative of Seven Conventions held in America in the 1920. Is this actually true? Is it old light? I asked some Witnesses but they all gave me a look like I was weird and said it couldn't be right, and I can't check the Watchtower Library as I can't get it on my Computer (Apparently the Society doesn't think Mac users are worthy of the 'Good News') I mean... it would be a bit...odd, wouldn't it? Anyone know?

Hi Zico

Yes they do/did say that. it was in their Revelation - It's Grand Climax Is At Hand book. They are making changes to that book so I am not sure if these are among them. Try and get an older printing if you can.

They have "studied" this book a few times since it was released and they all say they believe it the truth. Yet ask them about it when the book is not in their hands and they don't know what you are talking about. It seems that their mind can see how truly foolish a statment like that would be. Yet in the WT setting they will swallow and follow it without question.

The book of Revelation talks about the JW in the 20th century, is that not the most blantly arrogant thing you have heard from a religion?

If it wasn't so sad it would be too funny.

LOL

• Zico
    Zico

Hi 2112, Thanks for your quick reply! I rather hope they still teach it, than I can go back to them and say 'Remember that look you gave me like I had lost my mind, and when you said that I couldn't possibly be right...' Hopefully it will plant those first seeds of doubt. It is rather arrogant to apply Revelation to themselves. They do it a lot in Isaiah as well... Thanks again, Zico

• mineralogist
    mineralogist

The seven trumpets have been seven resolutions - this is a listing of them (german) but the year and location should help you to get the englisch ones. http://www.sektenausstieg.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1380&Itemid=105

• garybuss
    garybuss

*** REVELATION CLIMAX chap. 26 p. 172 pars. 4-5 God's Sacred Secret, Its Glorious Climax! ***

4 When the sounding of the seven trumpets got under way in 1922, the Bible Students' convention at Cedar Point, Ohio, featured a talk by the president of the Watch Tower Society, J.F. Rutherford, based on the scripture "The kingdom of heaven is at hand." (Matthew 4:17, King James Version) He concluded with these words: "Then back to the field, O ye sons of the most high God! Gird on your armor! Be sober, be vigilant, be active, be brave. Be faithful and true witnesses for the Lord. Go forward in the fight until every vestige of Babylon lies desolate. Herald the message far and wide. The world must know that Jehovah is God and that Jesus Christ is King of kings and Lord of lords. This is the day of all days. Behold, the King reigns! You are his publicity agents. Therefore advertise, advertise, advertise, the King and his kingdom." God's Kingdom by Christ Jesus was brought to the fore, and that set off the great surge of Kingdom preaching that has included the judgments heralded by the sounding of all seven of the angelic trumpets.

5 The trumpet blast of the seventh angel was reflected in highlights of the Bible Students' convention in Detroit, Michigan, July 30-August 6, 1928.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

This is from the Revelation book, chapter 26 pg 173:

Revelation -- It's Grand Climax At Hand chap. 26 p. 173 God's Sacred Secret--Its Glorious Climax!

Highlights of Jehovah's Trumpet like Judgment Proclamations

[Box on page 173]

1. 1922 Cedar Point, Ohio: A challenge to Christendom's leaders in religion, politics, and big business to justify their failure to bring peace, prosperity, and happiness. Messiah's Kingdom is the panacea.

2. 1923 Los Angeles, California: The public talk, "All Nations Now Marching to Armageddon, but Millions Now Living Will Never Die," called on peace-loving "sheep" to abandon the death-dealing sea of humanity.

3. 1924 Columbus, Ohio: Ecclesiastics indicted for self-exaltation and refusal to preach Messiah's Kingdom. True Christians must preach God's vengeance and comfort mourning humanity.

4. 1925 Indianapolis, Indiana: A message of hope contrasting the spiritual darkness in Christendom with the bright Kingdom promise of peace, prosperity, health, life, liberty, and eternal happiness.

5. 1926 London, England: A locustlike plaguing of Christendom and its clergy, exposing their rejection of God's Kingdom, and hailing the birth of that heavenly government.

6. 1927 Toronto, Canada: An invitation, carried as by armies of cavalry, calling on people to forsake 'organized Christianity' and give heart allegiance to Jehovah God and to his King and Kingdom.

7. 1928 Detroit, Michigan: A declaration against Satan and for Jehovah, making plain that God's anointed King, enthroned in 1914, will destroy Satan's evil organization and emancipate mankind.

There's more "information" on it on this link

http://www.quotes-watchtower.co.uk/seven_trumpets.html

Also I'm not sure if I remember this correctly, but did not some of the "trumpet blasts" refer to things that they have since changed even before the Revelation book was printed? I seem to remember something about the elder arrangement being one of the "blasts" but has since been changed. Any help here?

• becca1
    becca1

Looks like trumpet number two was off key...

• M.J.
    M.J.

Yes, that Revelation book is completely full of that kind of thing. Cult literature at its finest!

• Atlantis

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit