Seven Trumpets of Revelation

by Zico 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BeeEmBee
    BeeEmBee

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2016205?q=seven+trumpet&p=par

next month's wt even refers to it, paragraph 3 i think.

theyre still at it.

edit,

you gotta love that the date of the 'trumpet blast' public talks was right around the beth sarim debacle too

before AND after

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries
    The 7 trumpets being the 7 conventions were originally interpreted by Rutherford as the 7 books released, which all could purchase for the right price. But when I had in my teens read that in the revelation book, at 14 years old, I knew something was fishy there.
  • EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries
    During the 7 trumpet blasts, beth sarim, Rutherford teaching that by 1925 princes being resurrected, etc.
  • Saintbertholdt
    Saintbertholdt

As an old post suggested: That second trumpet blast was pretty much off key.

"Millions now living will never die etc. etc."

I would categorize it as the greatest Brown note in the history of earth.

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer
    The 7 trumpets being the 7 conventions were originally interpreted by Rutherford as the 7 books released, which all could purchase for the right price. But when I had in my teens read that in the revelation book, at 14 years old, I knew something was fishy there.

I too recall thinking how improbable it was that one of prophecies in Revelation was fulfilled by a single talk/resolution at a single convention in the 1920s. That same question came back into my mind back in 2003 at the DC when they read off that very awkward 10 point resolution:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/55148/10-point-resolution-adopted-2003-district-conventions?page=1&size=20

I still remember sitting at the desk of the Cleaning Department while the thousands in the arena answered back with a verbal "aye", thinking 2 things:

1. The (non-JW) convention center employees who are hearing this must think we're a bat shit crazy cult, and

2. 10 years from now are they going to try to claim that this resolution fulfilled some Bible prophecy?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit