What do you do when a old Boyfriend wants to meet up for dinner........

by whyamihere 56 Replies latest jw friends

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

We are just friends and we talk maybe 3 or 4 times a year, just to catch up. Well today, actually 5 minutes ago he said he was going to be in my area with in the next month and wants to have dinner.

I don't see a problem with it. I haven't seen him in years and it would be nice just to meet up for dinner and some laughs. Plus, he knows I am married and with children now. However, something seems odd about it and his reasons to meet after all this time.

I agreed to dinner, but I didn't promise I would go. Do you think it is wrong to meet up?

Brooke

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

Young People Ask... "What do you do when an old Boyfriend wants to meet up for dinner"

• banished1
    banished1

Brooke, how would your husband feel about you going to dinner with an old beau? Alot of men would not be comfortable with a guy going to dinner with his wife.

You might want to ask the guys why a guy would want to meet up with an old girlfriend. They might have some insight.

Banished

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

I say go....and bring your hubby....that way if your old b/f has any shady intentions, they will be nipped in the bud!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

You don`t ask a married lady to go out for dinner..If he asked you out as a couple that would be different..Cancel!!..This dude is up to no good...OUTLAW

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

I wouldn't go. There was an old boyfriend of my wife's that got our number and called several times shortly after we married. I was not upset with my wife, because she didn't want to meet him, but he kept asking to go have lunch with her.

I vote don't do it.

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

I vote don't go if you are happily married.

• damselfly
    damselfly

If you want to go to catch up on old times then go. If hubby has a problem with it then ask if he wants to go along.

Do the rest of you not keep in contact with friends of the opposite sex? I have several male friends that I would go to dinner with or talk to without feeling the need to be chaperoned.

Dams

• M.J.
    M.J.

Naah.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

send your husband fishing, shave your legs and go! (Ok that was evil candy speaking ignore her)

why go to dinner with him? is he considered a friend now or is there still sexual feelings? what does your hubby think? if it causes more problems than it is worth then dont go..if its not a big deal and it'll be a pleasant friendly meal , i dont see any harm in it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit