Listen Up Dalai Lama! Your Days Are Numbered!

by Arthur 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Arthur
    Arthur

The End Of False Religion Is Near - Kingdom News Campaign

Every once in a while, I get a stomach-churning glimpse into the the bizarre mindset of JWism. What strikes me is how the JWs believe that this tract is going to "shake people up", and stir up a firestorm of controversy that will shake the entire earth to it's core. Judging from the comments of still active JWs, they believe that this tract campaign is going to put the world spot light upon them and their message of doom.

I say this, because I recently had dinner with some family that are JWs. They obviously don't know I post here. But, I was amazed at how they actually believe that this latest Kingdom News tract is going to be such an earth shattering event. My mother said: "this tract is definitely going to either draw people into the organization; or infuriate the world against us."

I just sat there thinking: "Oh? Is that so? What makes you think this will cause a bigger stir than the false religion tract that was distributed back in the 70s?" But, I kept my mouth shut.

What fascinates me is how JWs seem to live in a parallel universe where they believe that they hold such a prominent place in the collective psyche of all worldly people. From my experience with the non-JWs that I know and have talked to, very few of them have any idea what JWs believe. The only things they know are that JWs don't celebrate Christmas. That is about it. They certainly don't see JWs as any kind of threat. They tend to see them more as a novelty.

Why would someone who considers the JWs as an oddity or a casual nuisance on a Saturday morning become so obsessed over a piece of paper with a crackpot message on it? I contend that most people might glance at it and just lament the latest kicks of "those crazy Johobers".

But somehow, JWs are buzzing right now, thinking that this tract is either going to cause the householder to start trembling in fear, or cause them to unleash a furious reign of persecution by rounding up a lynch mob against them.

There's something that JWs just don't get: Most people don't care. Most people have alife. Most people will just snicker and toss it into the trash, or at worst, will tell a J-dub to go f**k themselves. But, that is about it.

But, according to Witnesses, the the metaphorical march around Jericho is about to begin! So listen up Sunday school teachers, Pope, Tom Cruise, and Dalai Lama! Your days are numbered . . . . . . . .

at least, until the next campaign.

• Gill
    Gill

Arthur - I'd just like to add that most people won't even read it but will put it straight in the dustbin!

They better hope that cranks such as themselves don't read it. That's the only thing that might cause them some trouble.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I can't see them getting much of a response, but it keeps the r&f busy for a few weeks. I think it all actually starts on October 16th, so they won't be around just yet anyway. I know they will geta shock when they come round here because, thanks to us, everyone in our block of flats, and the 3 blocks nearby, already has a copy of the tract which, if they are in when the jws call, some of them are going to take the copy with them and say "oh, you mean this tract? I already have a copy thanks".

I wouldn't mind being a fly on the wall when that happens lol.

• Dansk
    Dansk

Sheesh, Arthur, you had me concerned for a moment with the title of your thread as I support the Tibet Society! That reminds me, I need to resubscribe!!

Regarding the tract, what an utter waste of paper, ink and man hours

Ian

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I truely wonder how many people think of religion as true or false.

With all the attention at fanatic religions right now, I think most people, the ones that may read the tract, will see it as another fanatic religion. In all fairness I have not seen or read the tract.

I have come to realize that there are many countries that are living thier lives with little reaction to all these different religions.

How can this make an impact on the world? It will be interesting. They must be hoping for press time on this, free press time I might add.

It seems as though the WT reacts and responds to whats happening in the world. I guess one of these times, like a gambler, the odds will be in their favor.

Is the tract online somewhere?

purps

• Dansk
    Dansk

Purps:

Is the tract online somewhere?

If you're gonna read it, have a bucket by your side!

Ian

• TopHat
    TopHat

Their message is an insult to other religions.....I would like to see the GB make an all out condemnation on the Muslim extremist religion.

• sspo
    sspo

Very good point Arthur and tophat

They always use a priest or one from a protestant church, how about an islamic cleric since they are known for some of the violence or terrorism around the world.

They'll find out quickly who has been reading the tract.

• Flash
    Flash
    The End Of False Religion Is Near

Although I believe this to be true.

I find it humorous that the average Witness is oblivious to the fact their precious WTS will also be crushed by God.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

LOL @ the thread title!

I think Ted Jaracz is jealous because Steven Seagal provides some of the Lama's security.

Ted knows Seagal could wup his bethel boys with his eyes closed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit