Listen Up Dalai Lama! Your Days Are Numbered!

by Arthur 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Funny and poignant post, Arthur.

I think it's called: the frog in the well syndrome; and we all suffer from it to some degree.

j

• choosing life
    choosing life

Nobody gives the witnesses a second thought. They certainly are not going to care about their denunciations. If any do read it, I would assume they would either laugh or get angry. Either way, it ends up in the trash. Reminds me of The Finished Mystery book. I read it when I first studied with the witnesses. All I could think was that -Do these people really think they are fulfilling Bible prophecy? It talks about a major event in Revelation and then states some crazy announcement at a convention was the fullfillment. I should have ran while the running was good.

• Arthur
    Arthur

Hey James Thomas,

Thanks for posting that link. The Urban Dictionary is a cool website.

• greendawn
    greendawn

The GB of the JWs no doubt know that their religion is just as false as any other that they accuse, therefore they do not really believe in their proclamation about false religions otherwise they would be in great fear. They are neither sincere nor truthful when they get the dubs as Rutherford did to go out and provoke other religions.

• aniron
    aniron

Arthur

What fascinates me is how JWs seem to live in a parallel universe where they believe that they hold such a prominent place in the collective psyche of all worldly people. From my experience with the non-JWs that I know and have talked to, very few of them have any idea what JWs believe. The only things they know are that JWs don't celebrate Christmas. That is about it. They certainly don't see JWs as any kind of threat. They tend to see them more as a novelty.

I agree with you. The JW's have this view that all the other religions are afraid of them. That priests, vicars. pastors, rabbis etc are somehow in dread of them. As you say ask any non-JW what JW's believe and its usually, "They knock on door, don't take blood, don't celebrate birthdays, Christmas." Though I have usually found that non-Jw's don't even know about the last two.

JW's have been preaching for 100+ years, printed millions of pieces of literature, yet hardly anyone knows what they teach.

For example, a while ago I was watching one of these many quiz shows they have on TV. The question asked was "Who prints and distributes a magazine called the Watchtower?" You should have seen the blank looks on the faces of the 4 contestants. No one knew!

So much for the millions of Watchtower magazines placed then.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

It is wishful thinking. They want it to cause a stir, because then the governments will turn against them, so then Jehovah's eyeball will be touched and he will spring into action, bringing Armageddon, killing everyone but them, and then they will live forever in paradise.

Oh well, dream on JW's.

• carla
    carla

Whacko's.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

They should have their hawkers rights religious civil priveleges kerbed, due to the untruthful nature of what they preach - particularly the free right of continual doomsaying - it's socially dysfunctional.

• bebu
    bebu

I wonder if my JW friend will decide to talk to me about the end of world religion... All the discussions I've had with her, she's really had to scrap for answers. She knows I won't bother looking at anything new until she can answer what I've pointed out as "red flags" in the past. So I don't think she'll bring up the campaign.

It's rather strange... if she is my friend, shouldn't she be talking to me about something that is so very important?? But I suspect that she is having a hard time thinking God is going to 'do me in', so she says nothing.

If false religions are doomed, the WTS' days are numbered.

bebu

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

The P.O., when he introduced the tract, said everyone "should fasten their seatbelts," obviously trying to build enthusiasm. If people didn't think we were crazy, they will now...though I doubt it will move a soul to care.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit