anyone have a crack house in their neighbourhood

by orbison11 23 Replies latest jw friends

• bem
    bem

zeroday did somebody pee in your warm spot and interupt your sleep or what!

to answer the question I have heard this lily-white-area <>mocking here folks I haven't a predjudice idea in my head) I live in is blanketed with meth labs it seems like every time we get the local news paper it says "largest drug bust, largest amount siezed in county"

Just down the block within sight of my house is a small house I would see two little toddlers playing out side and would kinda worry cause they were usually alone no one out with them. ( My grandaughter is 6 and she never goes out alone and our neighborhood is considered safe) Anyway the windows on this house were boarded over whne this new family moved in, my first naive thought was they must work nights and need it dark for sleep during the day! still kinda worried me some with seeing the kids out. Then one day the cops were swarming the house and the kids were being carried to a police car and they were crying and screaming. It made the papers they had a lab in the house, I felt so sorry the children.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

There are a few crack dealers in our area, though the police cleared quite a few of them out a few months ago. Trouble is, there always seems to be new dealers ready to step in when the old ones get locked away. The city we live in has a huge drug problem one of the worst in this part of the UK.

• frozen one
    frozen one

Hi orbi,

There have been drug problems in my neighborhood over the years and we have had success fighting the problem.

You are going to need allies so get to know your neighbors. A lot of them most likely share your concerns. Start a block club and have meetings so you and like minded people can share information about what is going on. Find out who your community cops are and get to know them. Invite them to your block club meetings. The police will share information with you and help develop stragies for addressing the problem. Ridding the neighborhood of a drug house takes effort but it is worth it.

I read zeroday's comments. If you really live in an area that is drug free, count you blessings. I would guess that you are not aware of what is going on in your part of the country. In my town, the lilly white, wealthy area was recently rocked with the news that their sons were stealing to support their drug habits while their daughters were trading sex to support theirs. The drug house was a MacMansion in the high end part of town. No place is immune. Here's a link you might find interesting:

http://www.dea.gov/pubs/states/tennessee.html

Like the old saying goes, denial ain't a river in Egypt.

• chiddy
    chiddy

Wouldn't mind one though, not half pop pickers!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit