Watch out for October

by moomanchu 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TopHat
    TopHat

I found this web site in October almost a year ago.

• blondie
    blondie

Birth of Jesus in October: other sites that say that and their reasoning>

So, if you have followed the above reasoning, based on the scriptural evidence, a case can apparently be made that Jesus Christ was born on the 15th day of the month of Tishri, on the first day of the Feast of Tabernacles, which corresponds to the September - October timeframe of our present calendar!

http://www.aloha.net/~mikesch/sukkoth.htm

October
    Another argument (Reference), convincing because it relies on dates named solely in the Bible, places Jesus' birth on the 15th day of the seventh Jewish month Sukkoth, or during the Feast of Tabernacles. This is based on the time when Zechariah, father of John the Baptist, was ministering in the temple, and received an announcement from God of a coming son. The Bible states that Zecariah's term of ministry was in the "eighth course of Abia", a period dated according to Hebrew calendar in the Old Testament. If John was conceived soon after, and Jesus' conception was six months after John, then Jesus was born during the first day of the feast of the tabernacles. This is an engimatic reference because the Gospel of John introduces Jesus in this manner: "the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us" (KJV). The word used for "dwelt" literally means "tabernacled" - i.e. God's Word became flesh and put his tent up among ours. (Reference)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronology_of_Jesus

I would do a Google search using Jesus born October and check out some sites.

Blondie

• JeffT
    JeffT

Since it wasn't invented until the Julian Calendar (c 50 BC) the month of October didn't exist for many of those events, and it is pure speculation that the old testament events happened on dates that can be stated with that level of precision.

Pick a month and start looking for things that happened, it is easy to do.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

He failed to include Halloween.

Rub a Dub

• daystar
    daystar

Things like this always makes me think of the Discordian "Law Of Fives".

From a wikipedia article discussing Discordianism:

The Law of Fives is summarized on page 00016 of the Principia Discordia:

The Law of Fives states simply that: ALL THINGS HAPPEN IN FIVES, OR ARE DIVISIBLE BY OR ARE MULTIPLES OF FIVE, OR ARE SOMEHOW DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY APPROPRIATE TO 5.
    The Law of Fives is never wrong.

The Law of Fives includes the word "Five" five times.

Like most of Discordianism, the Law of Fives appears on the surface to be either some sort of weird joke, or bizarre supernaturalism; but under this, it may help clarify the Discordian view of how the human mind works; Lord Omar is quoted later on the same page as having written, "I find the Law of Fives to be more and more manifest the harder I look."

Appendix Beth of Robert Shea's and Robert Anton Wilson's The Illuminatus! Trilogy considers some of the numerology of Discordianism, and the question of what would happen to the Law of Fives if everyone had six fingers on each hand. The authors suggest that the real Law of Fives may be that everything can be related to the number five if you try hard enough. Sometimes the steps required may be highly convoluted.

Another way of looking at the Law of Fives is as a symbol for the observation of reality changing that which is being observed in the observer's mind. Just as how when one looks for fives in reality, one finds them, so will one find conspiracies, ways to determine when the apocalypse will come, and so on and so forth when one decides to look for them. It cannot be wrong, because it proves itself reflexively when looked at through this lens.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Law_of_Fives#The_Law_of_Fives

• Spectre
    Spectre

Hmmmm......almost over.....tick tock, tick tock.....

• Mackin
    Mackin

***Hmmmm......almost over.....tick tock, tick tock.....***

Hey, did the big event occur?

Did I miss it?

Damn!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit