Watch out for October

by moomanchu 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    Greendawn wrote: To me the JW events don't have any significance at all so they shouldn't be there in the list, the JWs are just a minor albeit vocal cult that now seems to be on the decline.

Actually, I think the reason so many JW events are on this list is because it is the beginning of their Service Year. Many corporations make changes effective with the new fiscal year.

I would expect nothing less from a publishing corporation.

-Aude.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Jesus' ministry began in October.

Are you sure about this one?

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

E-watchman is convinced something BIG is gonna happen in October, lol.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

sip.291par.19StudyNumber3—MeasuringEventsintheStreamofTime***

Jesus became the Messiah when he was baptized and anointed with holy spirit, in the autumn of that year

SO YES YOU ARE CORRECT

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

*** sip.291par.19StudyNumber3—MeasuringEventsintheStreamofTime *** Jesus became the Messiah when he was baptized and anointed with holy spirit, in the autumn of that year

Sorry, Stilla - I'm still wary of any chronology presented by the WTS. I need another source before I repeat this quote.

-Aude.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

After reading these tremendous events on past October 5th's, I am certain it will be a momentous day for banality-lovers everywhere:

1895 - The first individual time trial for racing cyclists is held on a 50-mile course north of London.

1945 - Hollywood Black Friday: A six month strike by Hollywoodset decorators turns into a bloody riot at the gates of Warner Brothers' studios.

1972 - The Last Goon Show of All goes to air on BBC Radio, one of the most celebrated and influential programmes in the history of radio.

1974 - I Honestly Love You first reaches #1 on the Billboard charts, giving Olivia Newton-John her first top-selling single in the United States.

1999 - Angel premieres on the WB network.

2005 - NHL started its season to end a year-and-a-half lockout.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

News of the Weird shows how many mass murdurers have the middle name "Wayne." I think you can make anything look unusual if you isolate it. The WTS does lean toward stuff happening in October, though, based on this list of stuff.

• skyking
    skyking

And out of all recorded history, nothing significant ever happened in the other 11 months?

Nothing ever significant happen in October if you ask me.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

October is indeed a strange month. You lose an hour of TIME ITSELF!

Another insane fact about October: the month is owned by Reggie Jackson. After all, he is Mr. October!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

October is indeed a strange month. You lose an hour of TIME ITSELF!

Another insane fact about October: the month is owned by Reggie Jackson. After all, he is Mr. October!

I heard the "Twilght Zone" theme as I read your post. Hey, did that show first air in Sept. or Oct.?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit