Why did you choose the Alias that you did?

by The wanderer 53 Replies latest jw friends

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

my favourite band for a long time now is called Marillion...not big in usa...bigger in uk and bigger still in europe...i'm sure that the songwriter had been through something similar to myself as many of the songs reflect the exact same feelings and frustrations as me..and many a night i would put on a cd and cry myself to sleep....one of my all time favourite lines in a song..which i wish id written is- "When you list all the qualities that you despise..and you realise..you're describing yourself..."

Anyway on an album called-Holidays in Eden-(sic)..there is a song called-100 nights- and one verse reads this way:-

"They invite me to their gatherings

In the finer parts or town

They seem attracted to my indifference

The Irony Just Knocks Me Out"........which = T.I.J.K.M.O

My bestest friend and i used to say this to each other all the time whenever something ironic happened..he was a younger version of me and we were both fascinated by the eccentricities of the english language...aswell as having so many other things in common..music sport meeting parts quick builds etc etc.....and this is especially poignant as someone spread a horrible rumour that we had engaged in homosexual activity (sorry you alternative lifestylers....but it just wasnt true and is therefore slanderous)..and the elders chose to believe not the rumour because they knew that wasnt true but that i had started it in an attempt to distract from my own misdemeanours...how sad is that...well not as sad as my friend choosing to believe it too......god i miss him

So there you have it...bit of an anti-climax eh

How many anti-climaxes does it take to change a light bulb.............................................one

anyway a classic example of tijkmo is this conversation i had with my mother when she said i was on the road to becoming a victim of the devil because i couldnt get over the way i had been treated...i said-think about this....the devil told me he was out to get me..he didnt try to hide that..he was going to keep tempting me until i succombed.....j. told me i wouldnt be tempted beyond what i could bear but i would be shown a way out..and even if i made a mistake i would be forgiven on the basis of repentance and i would never be abandoned but i would be helped by a loving organization with kind merciful princes ruling for justice itself.....so i asked...who told the truth

Her response...well you cant have been truly repentant

tijkmo

• xjwms
    xjwms

Its just my I.D.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

My up bringing had a lot to do with how I felt about life in general and I had a tendency to go from one extreme to the other for a long time. Did some crazy things lookin' fur answers.

• RedPill2006
    RedPill2006

Because of the movie "The Matrix", but this link sums it up nicely. My new life phylosophie

http://www.arrod.co.uk/essays/matrix.php

It has excellent points about your "way out" The article starts like this:

In the Matrix, which pill would you take, the red or the blue?

The question of which pill to take illustrates the personal aspect of the decision to study philosophy. Do you live on in ignorance (and potentially bliss) or do you lead what Aristotle called 'the examined life'...

The Matrix is a film filled with religious and philosophical symbolism.

This past year I took the Red Pill and there is no come back. That is the why for the "2006"

RedPill.

• brutusmaximus
    brutusmaximus

Not that deep sadly, I was just reading alot of Roman stuff at the time and I liked the sound of it, I think it sounds strong

Oh and the pic on the left lets you know I'm not Roman at all

Aw ra best

BM

• daystar
    daystar

Daystar is another form of "morning star".

Daystar/morning star is also often considered a figurative name for both Jesus and Lucifer. (Though the accuracy of either is debatable.) This appeals to my sense of the dual nature of all of us.

The morning star is Venus. Venus is the goddess of love and beauty. My real name means handsome or beautiful. And my natal chart suggests a great deal of Venutian influence on my Taurean nature.

• bubble
    bubble

If you know any cockney rhyming slang, you'll know that Bubble and Squeak = Greek.

Since I am Greek Cypriot, I am also a 'Bubble' which is what the phrase is usually shortened to.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

On the very first board that I tried to register on......I must have tried for hours to come up with a name that nobody had thought of before me. I even typed in "I give UP".....and it was taken!

We were having those sunspot outages and I typed THAT in when I got back online....and I was "IN"! When I registered for this board I just stuck with it cuz by then I was used to it!

So....heeeeeere's SUNSPOT!

aka.....Annie

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

I love coffee, and I drink it black. My avatar is a drawing by my son.

Coffee

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Well I was on another website that was for Canadians. The site was huge and had many different sections.

In the Religion and Spirituality section I was ex-borg Lee.

In the Recovery section I was Lee Hardiman (maiden name)

In the debate section I was Tiger Lil Lee

In the friends section I was Lee. But people started calling mer Lady Lee and it has stuck

BTW Everyone knew all my IDs and it was allowed there unlike here where we have one and only one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit