Why did you choose the Alias that you did?

by The wanderer 53 Replies latest jw friends

• hemp lover
    hemp lover

Umm....ehh...what was the question?

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Hey Hemp, I went to Andy's sister's wedding last week. I wore a skirt and top made from clay dyed hemp. I love, love, loved being so comfortable.

• hemp lover
    hemp lover

You can wear it!!???

Hey, congrats, FHN, on three years posting. I like you.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

You can wear it!!???

Hey, congrats, FHN, on three years posting. I like you.

Thank you, and yes, they make beautiful clothes out of hemp fiber, girl. Isn't that why they grow the stuff? I like you, too. I still think ya'll look like Bud and Sissy (Urban Cowboy) in your avatar.

• Witchettygrub
    Witchettygrub

I wanted something uniquely Australian. Witchetty grubs were considered a delicacy by the Aboriginal people and part of their diet thousands of years ago. Apparently has a chicken-like flavor. Here's a receipe:

Place a dozen fresh witchetty grubs in some oil and saute for a while, then add a litre of stock, some crumbled chicken cubes, some dried onions, native peppercorns, and a bit of salt. Let this cook for half an hour or so and then add some cream. Finish off with a flour paste to thicken

• grey matters
    grey matters

Hi, sorry I'm late!

Grey Matters for 3 reasons:

1st - The brain reference. I think intelligence and thought matter. It eventually became obvious to me that the dubs don't.

2nd - Experience matters. After I left, I was upset with myself for staying as long as I did. But hopefully I came out of it wiser as well as older.

3rd - Dubs see life in black and white. Very legalistic, very inflexible. I think life is a lot more complicated than that. I tend to see things in shades of grey.

Oh, and grey, not gray? Well, I work a lot with a few Canadian companies where people tend to spell it that way, so that is just how I am used to seeing it spelled.

Someday, when I get around to it, I will find one of those cartoonish pictures mapping the brain and use that as my avatar. I have been really swamped at work though, and haven't had time to look for one.

• uninformed
    uninformed

Probably all have figured mine out:

Uninformed=UN informed

u

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

I chose mine because I enjoy reading and writing poetry, and most of my favourite poets are actually dead! The guy in the picture is T.S. Eliot, one of my all - time favourites.

• Legolas
    Legolas

Mine name is my favorite character (Played by Orlando Bloom,,,AKA my second husband! ...LOL) from my favorite movie 'Lord Of The Ring's'!

But the avatar is Orlando Bloom in 'Pirates of The Caribbean'!

Here's Legolas...

Image hosting by TinyPic

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    Legolas: my second husband

In your dreams!

To which, I am sure you respond cheerfully, "EXACTLY!!!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit