What's The Dumbest JW Belief?

by minimus 66 Replies latest jw friends

• TD
    TD

...That abortion is wrong because the unborn fetus is a human life, but that miscarried pregnancies will not be restored by resurrection or any other means because the unborn fetus is not a human life

t

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

That everyone should examine and challenge their own beliefs, except for dub's themselves.

Shel

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

On the subject of vasectomies and sex during menses -

I am a citizen of this board, born of doubt, challenging as a non-believer and new found faith.

I APPEAL TO BLONDIE.

HB

• M.J.
    M.J.

That every vision of Daniel and Revelation are about some mundane detail of what some guy named JF Rutherford and his buddies were doing 85 years ago.

What do I mean?

*** Revelation Climax chap. 25p.168 Reviving the Two Witnesses***

And their corpses will be on the broad way of the great city which is in a spiritual sense called Sodom and Egypt, where their Lord was also impaled. And those of the peoples and tribes and tongues and nations will look at their corpses for three and a half days, and they do not let their corpses be laid in a tomb. And those dwelling on the earth rejoice over them and enjoy themselves, and they will send gifts to one another, because these two prophets tormented those dwelling on the earth."—Revelation 11:7-10.

...herefore, great reproach would attach to leaving the two witnesses unburied. In the hot Palestinian climate, a corpse in the open street would really start to smell after three and a half literal days. (Compare John 11:39.) This detail in the prophecy thus indicates the shame that the two witnesses had to endure. Those mentioned above [Rutherford & his buddies] who were imprisoned were even denied bail while their cases were on appeal. They were exposed publicly long enough to become a stench to the inhabitants of "the great city.

• minimus
    minimus

Any of the prophecies books are ridiculous!

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

The blood doctrine.

• minimus
    minimus

How about believing that you should view a disfellowshipped person as "dead"?

• M.J.
    M.J.
    They [Rutherford & co.] were exposed publicly long enough to become a stench to the inhabitants of "the great city."

Actually I think they got this part right.

• noni1974
    noni1974

"That they are the only religion that hold the truth, and another one which bugs me is that only they will survive armagedon, yes all other good people, kids, animals etc will die..." Does this mean I have to get my cats baptized before the big A????Oh where did I put that live forever book????? Actually the headship of men over women in everything is the dumest one for me.

• mama1119
    mama1119

That reading the Awake! is equevalent to a college education.

You should only date when you are ready to marry.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit