What's The Dumbest JW Belief?

by minimus 66 Replies latest jw friends

• jrjr4189
    jrjr4189

Playing Little League is bad for a child

• blondie
    blondie

I would say the FDS belief...none of the others would have much force or validity without it.

We speak for God.

Blondie

• minimus
    minimus

That the preaching work must be done by a few million Witnesses to billions on earth and that if the majority aren't lucky enough to get the "Truth", they're gonna all be destroyed by Jehovah God.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

That taking little boring magazines to people's doors is preaching.

One more:

That practicing yoga is an invitation to possession by evil spirits.

• jrjr4189
    jrjr4189

Turning in a time slip every month

• daystar
    daystar

I suppose it's not one particular belief, but a general policy against things with pagan origins, roots, or influences. And maybe not the dumbest, but one that really bugs me.

Here is why I think it is dumb: They pick and choose what they consider pagan or not based on, as far as I can tell, their own whim.

Wind Chimes - pagan

Christmas - pagan

Playing cards - not pagan (!!) In fact they have been and are used for divination purposes just as the tarot is. There is some debate whether or not they actually were derived from the tarot. Based upon their rationalization for some items being taboo, they could just as easily ban playing cards entirely. And if they say "well, they're not primarily used for that anymore," I say, "well, the symbolism still exists such that they could be used in such a way" just as much of the symbolism around Xmas have been converted to Christian use, the still retain their pagan lean and origins. So, ban Xmas, based upon the JW rationale, they have to ban playing cards as well.

Wedding rings - not pagan (!!) We all know they are. This has been discussed and discussed here.

I could go on, but you should get my point.

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

Blood and turning in reports to the elders every month... they cant justify turning in reports scripturally no matter how hard they try

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

jesus died on a stake!

Demonic possession of inanimate objects, such as furniture, books, and anything purchased used. The demons must be bored hanging out in a table, or in a book?

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

That it would take, er so far... 92 years next month, for the most Powerful and Mighty King of the Heavenly Kingdom to begin his act of rulership after taking the throne, invisibly in heaven in 1914.

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit