What's The Dumbest JW Belief?

by minimus 66 Replies latest jw friends

• Morocco
    Morocco

the dumbest belief... that active members see themselves as loving humans

• minimus
    minimus

JWS believe ONLY JWS are gonna live and God will destroy all others. Ridiculous! Stupid. Dumb. And Jehovah imparts special understanding to only these people but they still, frequently screw things up----but STILL you MUST obey the reps of God or else you'll find out no one will ever talk to you again.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

I wouldn't describe any person's beliefs as dumb. Perhaps uninformed, uneducated, or irrational. I believed a lot of the things above (just like the rest of you) but I was never a dumb person.

• Lapuce
    Lapuce

That they are the only religion that hold the truth, and another one which bugs me is that only they will survive armagedon, yes all other good people, kids, animals etc will die...

• choosing life
    choosing life

That the society has been chosen to speak for God because all of the other stupid and hurtful doctrines depend on this one.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    I wouldn't describe any person's beliefs as dumb. Perhaps uninformed, uneducated, or irrational. I believed a lot of the things above (just like the rest of you) but I was never a dumb person.

I think the wording of the thread title indicates that the specific belief is targeted, not the intelligence of the believer. I agree with you that labeling a person as "dumb" would be uncalled for. Unless it was for humorous purposes, and not targeting a specific individual. Slightly off-topic, but speaking of humor, daniel, your description of your convention experience still cracks me up:

Heh, one thing in particular that gave me the giggles, was to go in the bathroom stall, and when something particulary rousing was said by the speaker and came through the speakers above the stalls, I would say "praise Jehoover!" in a old man's voice. I thought I heard some guffaws a couple of times.
  • seawolf
    seawolf

That the kingdom hall is a spiritual paradise!!!

• minimus
    minimus

Yes, Daniel, we're talking about dumb BELIEFS. However, I will state that I do know some "dumb" people, too.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    However, I will state that I do know some "dumb" people, too.

Awwwwwww, Minimus! You undid my strategic diplomacy!

• Undecided
    Undecided

If you die before Armageddon you will be resurrected but if you die at Armageddon you will stay dead.

If you are resurrected you can't marry but if you survive you will still be married.

That there is a faithful and discreet slave class who controlls all God's people by 12 or so men in Brooklyn NY.

That you need to write a report of the time you spend preaching and turn it in to be recorded on your publishers record card.

That there is a Jehovah God that requires all the stuff the borg says we must do in order to have a future life.

Ken P.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit