CO says, "people accuse us of not believing in Jesus!"

by truthseeker 27 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Is he right or wrong?

During his talk, the Circuit Overseer asked what kinds of negative information get spread about Jehovah's Witnesses. Of course, the question was rheoctorical, the audience didn't answer. He answered himself, saying that we get accused of "letting our children die and that we don't believe in Jesus."

The dubs who sat there were probably mentally shaking their heads, thinking to themselves of course we believe in Jesus!

Interesting use of how cognitive dissonance affects the mind. We do believe in Jesus BUT...he's not central to our faith, we don't approach him to contact his Father, he's never used in a demo during meetings and conventions, not even in the talk titles.

Pure mind control.

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs
    saying that we get accused of "letting our children die

So what exactly IS the correct term for refusing a life saving transfusion for your child?

morons...

~luv, jojo

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Right on there kitty!

They do let their children die - if the only solution is to allow them to have blood.

"But we don't let our children die, we find alternative non-blood treatments!"

BC - Sometimes, blood is the only thing. When you lose so much blood that there is not enough oxygen to get to your muscles, then filling your arteries with salty water is not going to help.

• Morocco
    Morocco

To answer your question "is he right or wrong?"... both. They only believe in Jesus when it's time to LOOK like a christian... once no one is questioning our faith in Christ it's back to the god of the Old Testament, you know the one that insidiously manipulates men to their death and who will rain down savage, burning bits of hell from the sky when you even think about questioning him? That's the one the Governing Body loves a little too much.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

They believe in Jesus' existence, obviously, so that charge wouldn't be correct.

As for letting their children and loved ones die unnecessarily - guilty as charged.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Don't forget, they're Christian Witnesses of Jehovah - how weird does that sound?

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs
    BC - Sometimes, blood is the only thing. When you lose so much blood that there is not enough oxygen to get to your muscles, then filling your arteries with salty water is not going to help.

That reminds me....(pardon me if i'm hijacking)...but does anyone remember the blood video that came out a few years ago? I think it was No Blood-Medicine Meets the Challenge. Anyway...I always wondered if the doctors they interviewed on that video were actually real doctors, or just actors. They always seemed so cheesy and glassy eyed to me.

It's pretty much impossible to trust anything the borg does.

~luv, jojo

• Morocco
    Morocco

jeeze man, i said "our faith"... I'm obviously fresh out of the danger zone of the kingdom halls

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Is he right or wrong?

Both is the correct answer. JW's do not believe in the Jesus that virtually all other Christians believe in. (Unitarians are similar to JW's)

They do believe he was more than just a man who lived in Israel, knew the Jewish scriptures well.

JW's do seek medical attention for their children, but will allow them to die, in order to stay loyal to doctrine.

• choosing life
    choosing life

They may believe in Jesus but they certainly do not follow his example. He was too kind and forgiving for their tastes. They prefer an angry, vengeful God.

And yes, they will definately let their children die for a failed blood policy that changes as the wind blows.So sad because God does not want their sacrifices, but rather mercy for their children.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit