CO says, "people accuse us of not believing in Jesus!"

by truthseeker 27 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Truth.ceeker,

I think you will find the following information below to be of interest...

http://www.carm.org/jw/docs/securityworldwide1986p10.htm

Jesus is mediator only for
    the 144,000 elite JW.s
    The Desire for Peace and Security Worldwide, 1986, pp. "The Desire for Peacea nd Security Worldwide"

• "Likewise, the Greater Moses, Jesus Christ, is not the Mediator between Jehovah God and all mankind. He is the Mediator between his heavenly Father, Jehovah God, and the nation of spiritual Israel, which is limited to only 144,000 members. " (The Desire for Peace and Security Worldwide, 1986, p. 10).

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

My understanding is that based on the JW version of John 1:1 (and the WORD was a God) it would be idolatry to worship Jesus God since BIg God hates competition.

I guess when you can re-write the bible to suit whatever dogma is being practiced at any given time you can pretty much dodge the bullets.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

This is classic strawman argumentation. He subtly misquotes what people say, and then attacks what they didn't say as wrong.

People accuse JWs of not putting Jesus in his rightful position, not that they do not believe in Jesus. There are several ways this is done.

Claiming he is not the mediator for JWs - http://jwfacts.com/index_files/mediator.htm

Using the word Jehovah in the NT where it refers to Jesus - http://jwfacts.com/index_files/Jehovah.htm

They do not get baptised in the name of Jesus, do not pray to Jesus, and mention Jehovah significantly more often than Jesus even though Jesus is the main focus of the Christian Greek Scriptures.

• barry
    barry

The Muslims beleive in Jesus too they beleive he will come again at the end of the world. The WT Society actually hides the role of Jesus to its members as much as possible.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Both charges are widely held to be correct, hundreds of JW kids died because their parents signed for them not to receive a transfusion, all based on a grossly and obviously flawed interpretation of the scriptures, the Jews themselves who are still under the Mosaic law do not have that understanding.

As for Jesus they believe in him in a very distorted and heretical way turning him into a figure that's unrecognizable from the one presented by the apostolic church, their strong proclivity in minimising his status seems to betray a concealed Jewish influence. That's why most people do not consider the JWs just like the Mormons to be bona fide Christians.

• truth.ceeker
    truth.ceeker

Thanks Truthseeker!

• greendawn
    greendawn

They do not get baptised in the name of Jesus, do not pray to Jesus, and mention Jehovah significantly more often than Jesus even though Jesus is the main focus of the Christian Greek Scriptures.

To them Jesus is something like a transient and coincidental figure and their attention is focused almost entirely on Jehovah as if we are still living in Old Testament days. Poignantly they are brothers and sisters in Jehovah, not in Christ.

• chiddy
    chiddy

I've said it once and I'll say it again, the Wts is not Christian, they do not worship Jesus, they are a Monotheist , sacred name group who worship an angry Hebrew god Yahweh.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit