CO says, "people accuse us of not believing in Jesus!"

by truthseeker 27 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

JWs say: we are Jehovah's Witnesses, not we are Christians or even Jehovah's Christian Witnesses.

JWs rarely mention at the door that they are there to talk about the Messianic kingdom (instead God's kingdom). Check the canned presentations the WTS provides...how often is Jesus mentioned.

But some non-JWs think because JWs do not celebrate Christmas and don't believe Jesus is part of a trinity, that means they are not Christians.

Blondie

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

..Most of the Christians I know believe,Jesus is God...OUTLAW

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

jesus isnt mediator to most jehovahs witnesses ,only to the fds

jw loyalty is to the org not to jesus

if you talk about jesus in conversation with most jw's they will look at you funny

the only jw celebration is in rememberance of christs death but no one can partake except the fds

they reject the cross as a gross idol

i can see why the world doesnt think jw's believe in Jesus

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE
    (Hebrews 1:5-6) 5 For example, to which one of the angels did he ever say: "You are my son; I, today, I have become your father"? And again: "I myself shall become his father, and he himself will become my son"? 6 But when he again brings his Firstborn into the inhabited earth, he says: "And let all God’s angels do obeisance to him."

Obeisance=worship so therefore the Angels who the bible states are higher life forms than us worship not just Jehovah but Jesus as well. Whats the JW's excuse for not doing the same then?

• Jourles
    Jourles
    he's never used in a demo during meetings and conventions

I had to think pretty hard about that, and you know, I don't ever remember seeing anyone "play" Jesus in a drama. Does anyone else remember?? My memory sucks these days so I wouldn't be surprised if I was wrong.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

They are hypocritical about their so-called belief in Jesus. They just barely acknowledge him. It is almost as if he is "disfellowshipped" or an unwanted stepson and they begrudgingly mention him once in a while.

I think it is because the gospel Jesus preached is too simple for them. They can't wrap the concept of their authoritarian religious views around Jesus' gospel of love, so they revert to the old testament with it's punishment. They just love this. They will defend themselves and say that God has to punish the wicked. But it is more than that with them. Also, Jesus gospel of love doesn't jive with their LOVE of titles and classes and lording it over others.

Jesus first appeared to the women when he was resurrected. So, apparently he was trying to break the age-old tradition of treating women badly. Now, contrast this with the Witness attitude of "subjection" [rolls eyeballs] and their general treatment of women in the religion. They are so hung up on this issue about women they are absolutely neurotic. It is something sick to behold. So, naturally they are not going to embrace Jesus or the new testament.

So, they speak with a forked tongue when they say they "believe" in Jesus.

LHG

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

The Lord Jesus is just a sidekick to the FDS. After all without him to highlight how clever they are in comparison, where would they be?

Try answering at the Hell on a regular basis using Jesus instead of Jehovah, and see how uncomfortable the audience gets.

Somebody on the post says that the last public talk he gave he only used Jesus or God for the first 20 minutes. The audience froze, sensing something wrong. Then he said Jehovah, and everybody relaxed and went back to their daydreams.

And My FAVORITE - A sister at the Hell, said she met a born-again in street witlessing.

The BA asked "are you a Christian?" She answered

"NO I am a Jehovah's Witness" The BA said "Oh, they are horrible people," and walked away.

HB

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I`ve never seen anyone play Jesus in a demostration..I have seen someone play Jehovah though..That dude got raked over the coals good..Never happened again!..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• blondie
  • truth.ceeker
    truth.ceeker

Hello truthseeker,

Thanks for bringing this topic up. I wanted to find out what publications that the JW's use in order to subvert Jesus' place that His Father had established and granted Him authority to receive obeisance. Is there such a place where it says that Jesus is not the mediator between man and God? I would like to present this information to a friend of mine.

..truth.ceeker..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit