Revelation book revisions in Sept KM

by becca1 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• becca1
    becca1

The insert in this months KM is 4 pages of revisions for the Rev. book I am going over them one by one. Most seem pretty insignificant, updated figures and such. Others deal with the change in the 'sheep and goats' separating work, deleting Math. 25: 31-33 in several places.

Of note is a change on the "peace and security" proclamation mentioned at 1Thes. 5:3. On page 251, paragraph 14 used to read:

"What form will the significant cry of "Peace and Security" take? It is here mentioned as being outstanding just before the sudden destruction of those making the cry.It will have to be something more pronounced than any previous declarations by world leaders. No doubt it will be on a world-wide scale. Yet, it will be no more than a facade. Underneath, nothing will really have changed."

The change in the insert reads:

"In recent years, polititians have used the phrase "peace and security", to describe various human schemes. Do such efforts by world leaders constitute the begining of the fulfillment of 1 Thes. 5:3? Or was Paul refering only to a specific event of such damatic proportions that it will claim world attention? Since Bible prophesies are often completly understood after thay are fulfilled or in the course of fulflillment, we will have to wait and see. MEanwhile, Christians know that whatever peace and security nations may appear to have achieved, basically nothing will have changed."

So, what do you guys thin? Are they downplaying the "peace and security" thing? Are they disengaging it from the great tribulation like they disengaged 1914 from the "generation"? Is this the first this has ben said? Have I missed something? Do you read in this change that the proclamation could have alrady been made? I bet many will be disapponted. We have long been told to be waiting for the p and s proclamation to start off Armaggedon. Will anyone even notice the change? I think this is a biggie.

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone
    No doubt it will be on a world-wide scale.

Well, someone seems to be doubting... the changed paragraph says:

we will have to wait and see.

But of course we will! It just floors me that they can randomly and blatently change stuff and the JWs don't bat an eyelash....

GGG

• Arthur
    Arthur
    So, what do you guys thin? Are they downplaying the "peace and security" thing? Are they disengaging it from the great tribulation like they disengaged 1914 from the "generation"? Is this the first this has ben said? Have I missed something?

It's another example of "new light". The only thing is, no one can see it very well; because the Faithful Slave is busy making shadow puppets.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

I guess they don't want to hitch their wagon to a horse that could end up galloping off a cliff...better disengage now and CYA.

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke
    Since Bible prophesies are often completly understood after thay are fulfilled or in the course of fulflillment

Well then what the hell good are they??? What's the point of receiving a warning only AFTER the the dangerous event happens?

You cop a bullet in the back, and then 10 minutes later the Watchman calls out "Watch out! that guy has a gun!"..

Bit late to warn me, asshole!

Get a life, WT writers!! Your religion is totally and utterly useless crap!

Pope

• Arthur
    Arthur

Well then what the hell good are they??? What's the point of receiving a warning only AFTER the the dangerous event happens?

You cop a bullet in the back, and then 10 minutes later the Watchman calls out "Watch out! that guy has a gun!"..

LOL !! Yes, if a Bible "prophecy" isn't understandable until after the event takes place; then it is not a prophecy at all. It is merely a Bible probably.

• free2beme
    free2beme
    What form will the significant cry of "Peace and Security" take

I am dating myself here. Remember when Bush Sr said "Peace and Security" in a speech one, while President. I think the elders nearly shit their pants. I remember people almost quit their jobs, sold their homes and wanted to Pioneer to the end. Amazing, the power of words.

• Alligator Wisdom
    Alligator Wisdom

Good call "becca1". Spot on. Food for thought. Thanks!

Alligator Wisdom (aka Brother NOT Exerting Vigorously by WTS standards)

• Gill
    Gill

Big change there Becca!

They are no longer associating a cry of 'Peace and Security' to the Great Tribulation starting immeadiately after that. They are anticipating possible peace and security at some future date and NO follow on of the Great Trib. that they so long for.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow
    In recent years, polititians have used the phrase "peace and security", to describe various human schemes. Do such efforts by world leaders constitute the begining of the fulfillment of 1 Thes. 5:3? Or was Paul refering only to a specific event of such damatic proportions that it will claim world attention? Since Bible prophesies are often completly understood after thay are fulfilled or in the course of fulflillment, we will have to wait and see.

I think this will get the great brainwashed scratching their heads. They seem to be implying that maybe the cry of "peace and security" has happened, or is happening, already, but it wasn't as significant as they first thought it would be. They ask a question, then don't really answer it, except with the usual "well, maybe it is that, we aren't sure yet".

I don't personally believe in wts doctrine anyway, but for those who do this does have significance. It does seem to be the start of a move to disengage p&s from the great trib, thus delaying armageddon in the dubs minds even more. I am sure their will be a few disappointed, and maybe disgruntled people in jw land when this point is discussed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit