Revelation book revisions in Sept KM

by becca1 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Star Moore
    Star Moore

Thank you very much, V!!!

• return visitor
    return visitor

I've been lurking for a while finally decided to jump in with both feet. Here goes, doesn't it seem obvous that the bible writer was saying that the cry of peace and security was not a prophisy for true christians but that true christians would not need a sign?

Now as for the times and the seasons, brothers, YOU need nothing to be written to YOU. 2 For YOU yourselves know quite well that Jehovah’s day is coming exactly as a thief in the night. 3 Whenever it is that they are saying: "Peace and security!" then sudden destruction is to be instantly upon them just as the pang of distress upon a pregnant woman; and they will by no means escape. 4 But YOU, brothers, YOU are not in darkness, so that that day should overtake YOU as it would thieves, 5 for YOU are all sons of light and sons of day. We belong neither to night nor to darkness.
  • AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

return visitor,

I agree. I have always been troubled by the notion that Christians would need a "sign" from political elements when Jesus made it pretty clear NO ONE would need to tell us, everyone would know without being told. Like lightning from one horizon to the other, nobody needs to tell me what that is, either.

Welcome!

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

I remember reading somewhere, it may have been the Divine Purpose book, a statement made by Russell. He said that watching prophecy was like riding on a train, sitting in a seat facing backwards. So that one only sees the terrain after the train has past it. I can't believe that I bought into that.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

return visitor:I've been lurking for a while finally decided to jump in with both feet. Here goes, doesn't it seem obvous that the bible writer was saying that the cry of peace and security was not a prophisy for true christians but that true christians would not need a sign?

I’m always amazed that the wtbts never pay’s any attention to that AT ALL. The simplest instruction written in the bible repeatedly plainly and clearly and completely ignored.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit