What if a religious org. came knocking on active JW's door? Reaction?

by whyizit 14 Replies latest jw friends

• whyizit
    whyizit

What if a couple of Bible-believing Christians were going door-to-door? And what if THEY were preaching the Kingdom of God? What if they had Biblesalone and were not handing out any other literature? What do you think the reaction would be from a typical active JW? What do you think would go on in the mind of a JW, if this were to occur?

What subjects would you want to cover if you were the one on THEIR door step?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

This reminds me of a well worn joke:

Two jws are walking down the street right in the path of two mormons. The jws walk up and say to the mormons "We don't step aside for those in false religion". With out missing a beat the mormons say "We do" and walk on.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

This happened a few times to people in our cong, when a couple from the local Gospel Hall went knocking. They knocked on the door of one of the elders, and he related how he ridiculed their beliefs and their literature, and almost had the woman in tears, but the two of them stayed friendly and polite during their call. Some of the other people he was telling thought he gave a great witness, but I wasn't so sure, it seemed to me that the couple who had called had given the better witness, though at the time I thought they were in false religion.

• banished1
    banished1

I think going door to door and sharing your religion is soooo incredibly stupid and arrogant beyond belief! After that shameful experience I will not allow anyone to ever again coerce me into doing anything I dont feel is ethical or kind or in good taste.

• restrangled
    restrangled

This happened to me. Two, young, nicely dressed men with bible in hands, knocked at my door. I couldn't tell if they were JW's or Mormons. I asked them who are you representing and they said the Mormons.

I thought of all the years I had spent in the door to door work and promptly and politely as I could said, sorry I'm not interested and shut the door.

I know......not very nice.

r.

• serendipity
    serendipity

I used to say:

" I'm one of JW's and comfortable with my beliefs. I have engaged in door to door work as well, so I appreciate what you're doing. Thank you."

If they were Mormons, I'd usually add that I was glad to see young men interested in spiritual things.

• greendawn
    greendawn

They will no doubt think that they are being directed by the Devil to go and knock on their doors and try to move them out of the truth. To the dubs all other religions are part of a satanic and mysterious babylon the great. They are no better.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

When I was an active JW a couple of Mormons came to the door while I was watching a hockey game.

No contest. I shut the door in their faces. I'm sure they'd have done the same to me.

W

• puck
    puck

this happened to my mom a few years back. she ended up placing literature with the two mormon fellows who came to the door. i thought it was hysterical.

i had a couple of mormons come to my door a year or so ago, and talked to them for a while. it was kind of fun, to discuss "spiritual" things with people. hadn't done it in quite a while. they were somewhat astonished that i knew some things about their faith, as i'd grown up in idaho and montana and it's a predominant religion out there. through the course of the conversation, i told them that i was gay, and their reaction (creepy curiosity) was funny. but i was tired of the discussion by then.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

The Jws would not be home when the folks from the other religion came to their door. The JWs would also be knocking on doors.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit