What if a religious org. came knocking on active JW's door? Reaction?

by whyizit 14 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    What subjects would you want to cover if you were the one on THEIR door step?

If you mean " What subjects would you want to cover if they were on YOUR door step?" then I would try to say the following:

Some Christians visited me years ago and offered to help me understand the Bible. I listened to them.

I gave so many years of my life to spreading the message of Christ's Kingdom that THEY taught me.

Now, I realize that those years were wasted, the message was false.

If you haven't already found out why former members of your belief have left, you need to do so.

I now understand that the Bible can be twisted in ANY way, to suit ANY goals of ANY group.

I won't be referring to it with you. I will keep it to myself, have a nice day.

• Warlock
    Warlock

If you would have come to my door, and if you come to my door now, you will be invited in, and we will talk about what ever you want.

When I used to go out in FS, the only people who would ever invited us in were foreigners, so I should at least be as polite as they were.

Warlock

• whyizit
    whyizit

This is VERY interesting to me, as an outsider who has never been a JW!

I notice that JWs treat others who knock on THEIR doors in the exact same manner as the majority treat them. The irony of it, of course, is that when someone slams the door on a JW, or tells them they are not interested, they tend to view it as a moment of pride and persecution for their beliefs, which makes them "right". When THEY do the same thing to another religious door-knocker, wouldn't this like-wise prove that the guy at their door must be "right"?

Doesn't the WTS convince its members that people who shut the door, or won't listen to them, are instantly in the wrong for doing just that? Shouldn't every JW be expected to receive those at their doors in the same way they hope to be received when they are out in service? Seems to me they are behaving no better than those they criticize for doing the same. They are just like the rest of those out in the "world" who believe one thing, yet in reality, practice another. (What's that called? Hypocracy?)

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

whyizit is correct.

JWs treat others who knock on THEIR doors in the exact same manner as the majority treat them. .....They are just like the rest of those out in the "world" who believe one thing, yet in reality, practice another. (What's that called? Hypocracy?)

Many JW would not slam or even shut the door, though. They would have the discussion, hoping to prove the WT beliefs, and count the time in service. Virtually all pioneers would do that. I remember talking to Mormons, not getting too tough on them because I wanted them to make a return visit next week.

• sf
    sf

It's a bit more fun to watch their reaction when an apostate is standing there with a flier that was prepared to bring awareness to the epidemic of child abuse inside "Gods true organization here on earth", also known as the Jehovah's Witnesses, lead by the WTBTS in N.Y., that does nothing to keep predators away from its most innocent of members. Along with websites.

THAT'S something to WITNESS!

LOL!!

sKally

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit