Wow

by pgwvp 21 Replies latest jw friends

• pgwvp
    pgwvp

I had no idea there was such a strong support line for ex Jehovah's Witnesses. I was raised from birth as a JW, son of the presiding overseer in my congregation. I was groomed for "great works" according to the elders, and started giving my own talks at the age of 8. My father died when I was 9, and I think that if he hadn't I would still be a witness today. I continued serving, but as I came into myself found many problems with the organization. But as any who were raised JW know, it's hard to see the religion as anything other than the truth. I stuck around but stopped going out in field service and avoided the questions of "when will you be baptized" for as long as I could. I knew I would lose my entire family ( all JWs ) if I left, but as life went on I realized I couldn't do it anymore. I eased myself out, and was never officially disfellowshipped. Probly only because I never admitted to my family that I'm gay. Now I'm 23, happily in college, and still being harassed by family and JWs.

But anyways, I wanted to make ties with as many people as I can. For one, I wondered how many other people there are who left because they are gay. It would be interesting to talk with others who had the same experiences.

I'm 23 now, and getting a master's in Anthropology and Religion. I always wanted to search the history of the religion and it looks like I'm in the right place. I'm currently doing a report on the origins of JWs, and am focusing on Charles Taze Russell. There's so much they never told us!

Anyways, I haven't explored the site much yet, I was just very excited when I stumbled upon it. Either way, I'd appreciate feedback and I thank all in advance.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Welcome pgwvp!

Dismembered

• damselfly
    damselfly

Welcome! That sounds like such an interesting subject to study.

I've found this board to be very helpful and friendly (have even met some really great people)

You'll have to share your finds with us all!

Dams

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Welcome to the board. There are lots of people who know what you are going through here. Hope to see you around, and all the best with your schooling.

Shel

• skyking
    skyking

Welcome stay here long and you will learn many things like.

Jw's wrong on blood

1914 wrong

NGO's scandal

Secrete deal with BULGEARIA................................................

• under_believer
    under_believer

Welcome, pgwvp. There are some regular posters here who are gay, hopefully they will chime in with their experiences. Also, see these threads:
    Growing up a gay Jehovah's Witness (My Life Story)
    My story - still stuck 'in'
    There are many others.

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass

WELCOME pgwvp !!!!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

WELCOME

Hope you find the answers to your questions and the support you may seek.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

I hope you are able to uncover many things about the org. that we might not know otherwise. Welcome, and please share your insights if you find any on early history of the WTS.

• parakeet
    parakeet

pgwvp, check out "The Best Of .... " archives for many well-written critiques of the WTS/JWs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit