I have a question(s)

by I.Wonder 33 Replies latest jw friends

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

Welcome to the board!

I am fading too. I "took a break" from the Ministry School first (citing illness). Then I stopped going in service, although my JW husband turned in a time slip for me for months and months after I stopped going! Started missing meetings every now and then, and finally stopped going at all.

I get a alot of pressure from people in the cong. to go out.

Every step of the way, you'll get 'encouragement'..... Just know it, expect it, and get ready to smile and nod and ignore it. Eventually, they'll leave you alone. My husband and kids still go to every single meeting, but no one pays any attention to me anymore!

Hope to see lots more of you around here!

GGG

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Hi I. Wonder, and welcome to the board.

I am da'd, but I know that many jws aren't particularly honest when reporting field service hours. Just put a few hours a month down on the slip, maybe through incidental witnessing, and the elders will stay off your back until you are ready to leave. If you miss a few meetings and they ask why, tell them you are depressed, unless they are totally unlike all the elders I have known, they will give you a wide berth then.

I hope everything goes well for you, whatever you do.

• I.Wonder
    I.Wonder
    But you're lying to a publishing house, a glorified book club. There are worse things you could do.

I never really thought of it that way. You totally right!

Where does hubby stand? Is he still thinking JW's are God's Chosen People and what-not?

Yes he does. He knows that I have doubts, but he doesn't know that I think it's all a bunch of poop. We have had arguments and in most them he says that "I never loved the "truth" and that I did it all for him" In some ways that is true. However there was a time I was totally convinced that it was indeed the "truth". He has had some real bad crap happen to him (from the elders) and he still doesn't see it.

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

Welcome, I.Wonder! I hope you find what you are looking for here! If nothing else there are some really great, heartfelt people on JWD.

Good Girl or Bad Girl

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetings I Wonder,

Welcome to JWD. It's fun here

Dismembered

• done4good
    done4good

Welcome I.Wonder!

I wouldn't worry too much about drawing suspicion for not turning in time. It's actually a good subtle way to begin the "process" of getting out. The first thing I did was stop service and reporting time. I continued to go to meetings for a few months, then one day, just stopped. Nobody noticed.

j

• dobbie
    dobbie

Hi I.Wonder my husband has such a big problem with the ministry he hasn't been out for 7 years and apart from the odd counsel they've let him be over it. I was going out right up to this year but have stopped everything now because personally i don't believe alot of it anymore so don't feel right talking to others about it. What i used to do to get around this was to just offer the magazines straight out without getting into discussions, i used to do it once a month and then i'd have an hour to put down and wasn't irregular.Welcome !

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    So I was wondering if any of you on here are still "active" witnesses? How do you manage going out in field service? What do you say?

First off, let me congratulate you on de-lurking and joining the group. Welcome!

I'm in the same boat as you: surrounded by dubs. I'm even a little worse off: I am an MS. So I still have to lead the group out. How do I deal with it? I am as passive as I can get. If I encounter opposition, and my partner can't argue with them, then I don't resist. When I was mentally in, I never really put much effort into my presentation, so it's not like I have to downgrade my witnessing. If someone tells me they don't want to talk, or that they have more research on a particular topic on the cover of the mag, I thank them and wish them a nice day.

If at all possible, I work the doors alone. No brother would let you go alone I.Wonder, but it's something I do....

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Welcome, it is great to hear from you, and I hope you are able to slowly fade out without too much trouble.

I felt the same as you about witnessing. What I did was go out less and less, but just enough to report each month so as not to be noticed by the elders as irregular. I would tag along on other peoples RVs most of the time so that I did not have to say anything. When I went door to door I would pull out a magazine, read the title and then put it away when they said they were not interested. When I stopped pressuring people to take the magazines virtually no one took them and no one wanted to talk to me.

• ellderwho
    ellderwho

I.wonder,

Welcome to the board. I hope you check out "free minds" for questions on the doctrinal issues. Alot of Good stuff.

EW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit