I have a question(s)

by I.Wonder 33 Replies latest jw friends

• I.Wonder
    I.Wonder

Hello Everyone,

I am new to the site, although I have been a lurker for quite some time. I was very nervous to create an account. All of the people I work for and with are Jw's and we are all family. So I am a little afraid of getting "caught" on JWD.

I do not know how often I will be able to post. As I am at work and do not get much of a chance to go online. Before I ask my questions I will tell you a little about myself.

I was not raised as a witness. I came into the "truth" very slowly. I think 3 people studied with me over a period of seven years. During those years I got married, I was reproved publicly, my husband was df'd, we both went back to the "world", came back to the "truth", and after all that I still got baptized!! I was very reluctant to do so, but I felt very obilgated.

I have been baptized for about 3 years and my husband has been reinstated for about 3 1/2 years. I still attend meeting, comment at meetings once in while, and are still part of the Theocratic Ministry School. I really don't like just going through the motions of everything, but I am just not ready to DA or DF. I may have to face that some day, but I don not want to loose my family.

So I was wondering if any of you on here are still "active" witnesses? How do you manage going out in field service? What do you say?

I have no direct problem going to meetings, commenting, and being in TMS. I am really having a problem with going door to door. I feel like I am peddling the WTS wares and we have soooo many problems in our hall that I don't want to bring people into the "cess-pool". I just want to stay active to keep the elders off my back. If anyone has any ideas I thank you in advance!!

Thanks to all of you who make this site what it is. You have no idea how much you all have helped me through the past year.

Thank You,

I.Wonder

P.S.- Please forgive my grammar.

• Warlock
    Warlock

Welcome, Dear Sister.

I wouldn't worry too much about bringing someone in. Nobody wants to study.

I am inactive, and have been for a few years. I will go to a meeting or two when my wife wants to, but we haven't been to one for about 3 months. I would say just do what you are comfortable with and if you must go in service, just use the Bible.

Warlock

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

Welcome! Take looooong coffee breaks, bathroom breaks, become ill on Saturday morning, etc. Sometimes the elders are too busy with other things to notice a publisher that has become 'irregular'.

• Legolas
    Legolas

Welcome to the board!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Welcome.

I am active, but slowly becoming inactive. Like you, I don't want to lose family by DA or DF. (More if you read my biography)

I am not really able to preach, like you. Unlike you, I decided to quit the School. I still comment.

If I go out in field service (don't much, just turn in a couple hours) I share a scripture and offer a Bible study.

Nobody is really interested if you use the direct method. If someone says YES, turn them over to a

pioneer. (If you feel guilty doing that, start the study, on the first or second visit say

"I would never google JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES or WATCHTOWER. There's too much hate information there."

They will check it out.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Welcome I.Wonder

• codeblue
    codeblue

Welcome

After finding out the truth(tm) wasn't the truth.....I felt like you: "how can I go in service?" I did so one more time.

Then I just turned in 2 hours a month. No questions asked.

There is no rule you have to "meet with the group"... many elderly informal witness...so can you and count your time.

• I.Wonder
    I.Wonder

WOW!! What a nice warm welcome and some great advice. Thank you everyone.

I.W

• I.Wonder
    I.Wonder

I was just turning in "informal time". Then an elder had a sheparding call with my husband and I saying "Jesus sent the apostles door to door, we also need to be doing the same" I told him I would make an effort to go out once a month and he hasn't bothered me since. I get a alot of pressure from people in the cong. to go out. I will surely put all of your suggestions to use.

Thanks Again,

I.W.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Welcome, and congrats for popping in!

Many active JW's fudge their field service numbers, don't sweat turning in a few hours just to keep the elders off your back. No need to actually do anything. Is it lying? Well, yeah. But you're lying to a publishing house, a glorified book club. There are worse things you could do. :-)

Where does hubby stand? Is he still thinking JW's are God's Chosen People and what-not?

Dave

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit