What is God???

by BlackSwan of Memphis 25 Replies latest jw friends

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Our conscience, the thing that separates us from animals, where does it come from?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Plum,I have companion animals.I have taught them to make choices,and they do.Not always the ones I want though..LOL!!..Still more often than not they make the right one ..Perhaps concience(animal or human) is something we develope once we reach a certain understanding...OUTLAW

• Legolas
    Legolas
    What is God???

God is one of man's "WORST INVENTION'S"!

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

BSoM - Great topic! I struggle with this question.

If there is a God (and I believe that there is, I think) then I imagine him to be a huge, all powerful, all knowing being that exists outside of the universe. He can do anything, see anything, know anything.

Which then brings me to all the things I question about him.... Why all the suffering?? Even if I accept that there is life after death, that God wants us to be with him for eternity.... what is the point of letting someone suffer like we see all the time on earth? Children being abused, dying of hunger, getting horrible diseases... these things don't make any sense to me.

I just can't dismiss my belief that there is a God, though. Not sure why that is....

GGG

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass

Post 14905 of 14907
    since 12-Sep-01

4 y 9 m 22 d

"I AM"

And I'm his right hand man... LOL

alt

• skeptic2
    skeptic2
    Our conscience, the thing that separates us from animals, where does it come from?

Define conscience? (you'd be suprised at what does and doesn't separate us from 'animals').

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit