NZ beautiful

by ania 34 Replies latest jw experiences

• Woofer
    Woofer

Beautiful (except for the spiders . . I got goose bumps just looking at that pic). Although I know they are good for the environment I still have a fear of them.

• ania
    ania

to all you people out there who got the heebie jeebies lookin at those spiders, yes i freaked out when i first saw them too. You don't get these kind in the north island, however you do get much smaller ones that are poisonous (white tail), id rather these ones which are bigger but not poisonous. Besides they're not as big as they look (with the zoom lens). The only poisonous spiders in New Zealand are the white tail, katipo, and the closely related Australian red-back spider.Even though they scare me i think they are very pretty through the camera lens.. And yes even Helen migrated from Australia (thats my theory anyway)

• jonno_oxford
    jonno_oxford

Ania,

Loved the pics. Was over there in july, when you had all the snow.

My other half is a Kiwi, and we came over to visit them, and to travel for a few weeks.

Amazing country! Infact we're planning on moving out there May next year. I've just had my medical and waiting to send off the application this week to get my Work permit.

Can't wait to get over there. Perhaps we can all meet up when i'm over in ChCh.

Regards

Jonno

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    And yes even Helen migrated from Australia

Well, you lot exported Joh Bjelke-Petersen to Queensland...

• jonno_oxford
    jonno_oxford

My favorite pic from my trip

jonno

• ania
    ania
    you lot exported Joh Bjelke-Petersen to Queensland...

Fair enough...but who knighted him?? (besides...he was Danish born son of a lutheran pastor)

Perhaps we can all meet up when i'm over in ChCh

sounds good Jonno, look forward to it

ania

• ania
    ania
    My favorite pic from my trip

Hey Jonno i can't see that pic???

• jonno_oxford
    jonno_oxford

Oh sorry. Not got the hang of posting pics yet!

This link has my pics on it. http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/3458782

I love the ones of Tekapo and there are a few nice ones of Mt Dobson too, where we went snowboarding.

Jonno

• ania
    ania

Jonno-WOW!!! what awesome pics it must be a little like being in heaven being up that high. I have never been skiing or snowboarding (it's like a whole other world) i mostly hang out on the beach or in the bush when i have time

• jonno_oxford
    jonno_oxford

It was amazing up there! I've never seen a place so magical, especially with all that snow.

Am looking forward to seeing NZ when its nice and warm. Perhaps try some surfing over there too. Well i guess i'll get plenty of chance to do that when i get over there. Fingers crossed as i get my medical results tomorrow. Should be fine, but i'll have to wait and see.

Cheers

Jonno

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit