NZ beautiful

by ania 34 Replies latest jw experiences

• ania
    ania

steph-Oh that pm lol i thought you were refering to...never mind no comment

except that when choosing helen we chose her from a whole barrel of bad apples and i guess she appeared to have the least bruises (not me of course i don't vote because i believe it's all pre set up anyway)

• ania
    ania

Mind you i think she's a bit better than BUSH (in my oppinion)

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

I have always wanted to visit NZ ever since I saw this golf magazine with a pic of a NZ course and of course lord of the rings. I think it is a beautiful country.

• Legolas
    Legolas

Thanks for the pictures ...except the one's of the spiders

I love NZ and want to move there someday!

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

I get it. I don't understand how anybody can move from NZ to Australia. I've been to NZ twice, and spent a day in Kaikoura on the first trip, it was absolutely magnificent. Spent a few hours just staring at the seals. What a place.

• LennyinBluemont
    LennyinBluemont

Hi Ania,

My wife and I have visited NZ three times, going back to 1978. We love to rent a motorhome and stay in the campsites. Our last trip was in 98 and we visited Kaikoura on that trip. At the time we were still JWs and attended the memorial with the Kaikoura Congregation, went door to door with them and had a nice social time. Sometimes we wonder if any of those dear ones have found their way out.

One of the things I loved was the round stones on the beach and the sound of the water as the waves wash over them. It sounds kind of like applause. I brought one home (probably a violation of some international law: "Do not remove stones from the country.") We don't get to vacation much being self employed in a service business, but NZ has been our vacation spot of choice. For those going, you really should plan for at least three if not four weeks and the South Island is definitely where it's at. Hanmer Springs is a great place too, not too far from Kaikoura. Just to casually drive a counterclockwise circuit around the South Island is as close as you'll get to nirvana. It is so wild, untouched and spectacular. There just aren't words. Ania, you have made us all so envious!

We looked into immigrating there after our first trip, but the standards were very difficult to meet. At the time they were only accepting applicants with a needed skill that could not be met by the natives, or someone with enough money to start up a business and provide employment to a significant number of Kiwis.

Hey, all you Aussies, how's life on the West Island?

Lenny (of the "wish I were there" class)

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Hey, all you Aussies, how's life on the West Island?

How's South Canada treating you?

• LennyinBluemont
    LennyinBluemont

Hey Steph - Good on you!

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    Thanks for the pictures ...except the one's of the spiders

NZ can't even afford their own hairy scary spiders; they have to import them from us. Those are our Huntsman Spiders; we've got a few in our house, even as we speak...

• kerj2leev
    kerj2leev

I'm going to move there after armagedon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit